What is the rush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It seems that whenever a guy is attracted to me, they seem to want to move so fast. I want to get to know them better, but they are saying they love me in the first few days of meeting me. I know they are infatuated, but I am surprised that even men who are older than me and have been married before don't seem to know the difference. I don't see how you can love someone before you even know the most basic things about them. I don't know what it is, maybe something about my personality draws them in. I want to find something long-lasting, not fleeting or shallow. How do I find a guy who understands this and doesn't want to move at warp speed?
  2. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

A lot of people cannot tolerate being alone. It's why they are in such a hurry.

If you want to meet men who are'nt like that you will probably have to make the first move yourself. Go to them!

good luck :)
  3. SinSentido

SinSentido Member

Maybe you can look for guys in non traditional places, but places you enjoy frequenting. I used to love starting convos with women at bookstores because I myself enjoyed them.

Maybe a new art or a gardening class, one where you have an excuse to dress down and get dirty. Go light on the makeup and try to tone down that natural beauty that men are obviously responding to- that way you know they're interacting with you for a more plutonic reason, at least at first.

I hope you find what you're looking for.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thank you both for your helpful advice :) The latest guy who claimed to "love" me disappeared without a trace already. I do like a friend of mine quite a bit and he feels the same way, but we realize it won't work because if distance. But I will just have to keep looking and not give up.