what is the use?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by DarkLordVader, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader Well-Known Member

i am getting real sick and tired of being in mental pain 24/7... and im sick and tired of people telling me it gets better cause they are LIARS... stop saying that to me, it does nothing but send me into a fit of rage... god... why cant you people see the truth of it all and stop living in a fucking fantasy world? getting high and drunk is the only answer... oh and i expect a ton of people to read this and not respond... its how things work around here... unless you're one of the elite, then you get everything you want...
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't drink or take drugs and I can still go out and have a blast. You are free to live as you want to but those people encouraging you to give up are doing so because they care. I don't even know what to say to be honest, just please try and get yourself better. You most likely (can't say for sure) will feel better without that stuff in your body.
    Just be careful and take care. I am not lying when I say that I do care.
  3. DarkLordVader

im trying Petal... im just so frustrated with things... im triggered almost hourly when i see people in relationships or people talking about it... :( im so sad
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I think you are doing incredibly well. You are so totally different in chat then you were when you were drinking. I really enjoy your presence there. I don't think life will ever be as rosy and pain free as we would like. Mine certainly isn't. But I just truly believe it can be better dealt with while sober. Like Petal, I care very much.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I do hope you can kick these addictions, I know you are trying and have much respect for you for that. Keep us updated on how you are doing. As you already know drink and drugs will only get worse and worse each time. Keep talking here each day and let us know, that might help you :)
  6. DarkLordVader

well i got my comfort food tonight so that helped me a little get out of the funk... so i guess every little thing does help?
  7. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Pizza and chicken wings! Most excellent!
  8. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

It pisses me off too when people say it gets better. A.) It doesn't always get better. Not for everyone. And B.) either way, people have no freaking way of knowing that for sure. So, I know how you feel. However, I do firmly believe that drinking and getting high can't be the ONLY answer. There has to be something meaningful to live for besides constantly having to numb one's pain on a daily basis just to survive. Whatever that thing is, though, it's always different for different people. So, unfortunately, no one can really tell you what it is or how to find it. It's something everyone has to figure out for themselves. I know it sucks, but that's just how it is. But considering the fact that the rest of the world finds reasons to be happy without getting high or drunk, I think is pretty concrete proof that it is possible. For some reason, we who do get high, just can't see it. And it may not even be because our life, in particular, sucks. It might just be because we perceive it that way. Because the root of the problem is actually with us, not our environment. And if that's the case, getting drunk and high is only going to make that more prevalent.
  9. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

Life is so difficult.
    I remember a few years ago during a mental health crisis saying to a friend ( about myself ) ' things will get better. Or worse. Or stay the same...'
    Then we burst into hysterical laughter!

Do you know this poem?-

I MADE my song a coat
    Covered with embroideries
    Out of old mythologies
    From heel to throat;
    But the fools caught it,
    Wore it in the world's eyes
    As though they'd wrought it.
    Song, let them take it,
    For there's more enterprise
    In walking naked.