What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by White Dove, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

i was having a conversation with another member here and i suddenly decided this might make good for a thread to ask, so here goes.

what is the weirdest type of food that you have ever eaten?

like for instance, i have eaten shark before, but never frog leggs, crawlfish, turtle, etc

have any of you ever eaten frog leggs? turtle? crawlfish, etc things like squirral , now i have eaten squrril and deer , but not rabbit. nor groundhog, etc

anyone care to share what they have eaten?
  2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I have eaten raw octopus (yuck), buffalo (ew, gamey), escargot (snails) yummy!!!!, ostrich (so good!!!), sushi (which is good, but the rolls are so big they hardly fit in my mouth so I feel like gagging), alligator tail (it's pretty good, not great), squid (yummy!).

Never had squirrell...is it good? What about shark? Never had that either...

I'll keep thinking :)
  3. White Dove

i had squirrl soup one time.. it tasted okay , pretty tough though.

shark i had eaten was at a local wallmart ( or was it kroger ?? ) but anyway it was at the place i was shopping at and they had little toothpicks in the meat and was giving free samples, you had to try it before knowing what it was.. they had a contest on it too, you would taste it then try and guess it, i think the price was like a 50$ card to the store or something like that, but i lost.. i thought it was bass fish but lost.. tasted kind of like bass..
  4. Esmeralda

Wow! I didn't know they had such exotic food at the local store!

I try to eat strange things whenever I can, just to know how it tastes...sometimes it goes horribly wrong :)
  5. White Dove

it was some kind of thing - special - they were doing, and this was like years ago.. but anyhow it was kind of neat though to try shark, first time i had ever tried it.. hey maybe ask your local kroger or wallmart if they might do something like that.. who knows they may have once before..
  6. Esmeralda

I am totally going to ask them that! I see the stuff they have on display, but it never occurred to me to ask what they have in the back!
  7. Blackness

Blackness Guest

cat food, dog food, chook food, hay..

yes I grew up on a farm :tongue:
  8. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I think all that beats my fries dipped in strawberry milkshake :blink:
  9. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

shark, snails, kangaroo, emu, rabbit, venison, duck, crocodile, witchetty grubs (omg i nearly puked when i ate it), chicken feet, frog legs, raw fish, cuttlefish, honey ants, damper with lollies in it...

all I can remember for now... might have missed a few though
  10. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

Fish food is very salty.. :unsure:
    Especially those red flakey ones :hiding:

Dog food is tasteless.. :eek:hmy:
    Cat food has a very.. fishy taste to it.. :eek:hmy:

Human food.. well.. let's not go there.. :unsure:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  11. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I consider kim chi the weirdest thing I have ever ate cause I would have threw up if I didn't force it down my throat with some orange juice the first time I try it!
  12. Cerberus

Cerberus Well-Known Member

the oddest thing i have eaten is monkey. had it in central america, panama to be exact. wasn't bad, kinda gamey.
  13. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

When I went to Korea when I was little I had cat and dog?
  14. White Dove

fries dipped in milkshakes??

sounds interesting..
  15. White Dove

wow crocodile??? Kangaroo??? emu ???? honey ants???

you been on fear factor lately?? j/k

but that reminds me .. i have eaten piggs feet , now they are gooood
  16. White Dove

what in the world is kim chi????

i have heard of people eating snakes before but dont think i would want too... well unless someone offered me 1 million dollars i might try it???
  17. White Dove

18. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

some of these sound....erm.... :puke:
  19. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Well, it is a traditional Korean fermented dish made of seasoned vegetables. Yeah, fermented with vinegar and other stuff that makes it extremely sour and salty! I have to admit its good for health though.
  20. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.