• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

What is the worst thing anyone has ever done to someone?

As most of you, I suffer intense guilt over some of my foolish behavior. What was the worst thing or things that anyone has ever done to someone else that they still feel guilty about perhaps years later? Thanks,

Legate Lanius

Try not to kill yourself 2020 challenge.
One of the worst things that is possible is to give birth to someone that ends up living a life filled with suffering. I haven't really done anything that would get resolved by me feeling guilty. It's not a productive emotion aside from perhaps helping people resolve their issues with one another.

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
Although not my worst thing done to anybody, but is the only one I feel guilt for, is nearly ruining a person's career in the town we worked in. I over reacted in my response to something he did, he did not deserve what happened to him. The other things in my past done to others I have no guilt over.

the.end.ish

Misknown Member
This is very personal and intimate for me to admit so normally I'd avoid it but... as I believe people deserve to forgive themselves and move on by knowing we all fuck up, I'll say it.

I developed feelings for someone and allowed this person to believe I did not care because I was too afraid to be with them. It hurt everyone involved. And there were more than two people involved.

This is very personal and intimate for me to admit so normally I'd avoid it but... as I believe people deserve to forgive themselves and move on by knowing we all fuck up, I'll say it.

I developed feelings for someone and allowed this person to believe I did not care because I was too afraid to be with them. It hurt everyone involved. And there were more than two people involved.
*hug

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter

You are entirely correct about the person needs to be able to forgive themselves. That is the important part.

Gonz

sick and tired of being sick and tired
I slept with a coworker's girlfriend. I had just gotten out of a relationship where I'd been cheated on repeatedly, thought it would make me feel better. It didn't, I felt just as shitty about having been cheated on, only now without the sense of self-righteous moral superiority.

He never did find out, I don't think. Which was for the best, most likely, since they split up not long after anyway; why hurt the guy even more, right?

Still wish I hadn't done that though.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Back when I was in my early 20's, there was a much older woman who was a friend, who wanted to hook up romantically. I liked her, and we hung out a lot, but I just didn't see her in that way. We lost touch after awhile, and then several years later, she committed suicide. It's completely irrational to feel in any way responsible for that, I know, but... I'm human, so, 'irrational' is on my business card under my name.

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, full of kittens & colours •✮•
When kitty in high school, we supposed to have a physic quiz and I cheated, kitty got an A for cheating on a quiz (nobody knows till now) and kitty stole my brothers chips even after he returns back his apology with his oreo and other snacks stuffs 🥺 (Kitty naughty in high school, theres many more...)

One thing I learn to live with guilt is, the more you lie, the more you feel nothing at all 😂😂😂

Nick

☆☆Still Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
As most of you, I suffer intense guilt over some of my foolish behavior. What was the worst thing or things that anyone has ever done to someone else that they still feel guilty about perhaps years later? Thanks,
When I look back at my life some of the worst things I've done, I don't feel a great deal of guilt over. Mostly likely because those things didn't hurt people I cared about. I'm measuring that by social and legal standards. The things I feel the most guilt about happened in the last couple of years, and in comparison are smaller things, but they hurt people I care about. I very much struggle to forgive myself for that.

It's not really about the size of what it is, but how you view it and how it effects you.

snowraven

We have probably all done foolish and hurtful things in our lives whether intentionally or unintentionally. We cannot change what we have done only learn from the mistakes we have made and try to not repeat those same mistakes in the future. All humans make mistakes. Guilt is only felt by those who care. If we learn the lessons from those feelings we can then put them down and hopefully move on in better ways. Beating ourselves up over things just causes more pain.

You are entirely correct about the person needs to be able to forgive themselves. That is the important part.
It’s very important but also very difficult. If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t be here on this forum....though then again I probably would be as I have other crap making me feel suicidal!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00