What is there to appreciate about loneliness and feeling powerless to change it?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ldub20, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Living without a sense of belonging is a death sentence. You may suggest a lot of things but can't den this: I can't make somebody like me or make myself appeal to anyone, because that's on them. There doesn't seem to be anyone that's willing to treat me as something besides an outcast. And don't tell me to accept my loneliness because there is no reason to live if I can't make it go away. So what benefits does living without a sense of belonging provide?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't think anyone would say to accept your loneliness noone can do that No you cannot make someone like you but you can put yourself into a better light by getting the stability you need to move forward. Why do people see you as an outcast what is it that does this and can you change these things. Getting out among people with your same interest will help taking a course even or a class of interest there you will meet new people who you can interact with. I am sorry you feel so alone hun dam i know how that hurts but i do hope you try to open new doors new avenues to meet people hugs
  3. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

No one is telling to you to accept being lonely but rather learn how to cope with it.

Because if you can't do that your still going to be miserable in a relationship.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Dubby, here you are not an outcast at all, so maybe if you look at how you have made friends here, it can give you some confidence to approach ppl IRL...yes, you cannot make anyone like you, but s/he sees who you are, they would be foolish to not like you...we like you
  5. Madsys

Madsys Active Member

Sadeyes is right Dubby...we all love you here! so maybe you can try and think about why we like u on here and how to bring that into real life! instead of thinking about how lonely you are IRL
  6. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

At the very least here, I don't think you could ever be an outcast. We're all joined here by a common thread and you'll always find people with very similar or identical stories and circumstances to yours to relate with. :)
  7. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Thanks Rahul. Thing is, I've had it with people being dishonest with me and ignoring me. They ought to suffer if they ignore me because it feels like over 80% of the people I encounter ignore me. I can't make people like me, so I feel powerless in getting them to make me feel like I matter.
  8. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

you arent an outcast here dubby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.