What is there to appreciate about loneliness and watching people succeed...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Ldub20, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

where you wish you could but can't?

It seems as though everyone (including some people with AS) can find SOs except myself. Well, if this is something I can't change and is beyond my power, I might as well do something that is WITHIN my power. You should know what it is.
  2. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Matt, why do think it's beyond your power to find someone? Did you end up trying online dating as I suggested to you in the one thread?
  3. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I started Zoosk yesterday but have been on match.com. No luck there.
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Why those? I told you to try okcupid.com and plentyoffish.com

They're both free and they worked for me.
  5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Dubby - hi :)

I understand your thinking, and that you resent life for being so awful and against you with everything not going right for you in the opposite direction and you're GF-less.

But, IT CAN CHANGE! Although you might not want to believe it.

Do you want to believe it, though - or does it do something for you to continue to believe life is too awful to continue trying to make an effort for?

Would you LIKE to believe that things could change for you - and that after they have you will look back on this time and realise what your new perspective has taught you?

Because, that is what has happened to many people who - eventually - (including myself, and I am still in healing and always will be) - decided that reaching out to really positive motivation was what I had to do. It is there for you, if you will say 'yes'.

6. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I signed up for okcupid.com but need to give myself a profile. It is almost non-existent. It would also help to update my plentyoffish.com profile as well. I know you'll say that wonderful lady is waiting to be my girlfriend, but I heard that 8 years ago. I don't need another 8 years to pass with no girlfriends. I'd rather have a slew of money-hungry, promiscuous, and needy girlfriends (whose parents HATE me) between now and 2020 than nothing. You may disagree, but there is nothing worse than NOTHING.
  7. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

If you have a lot of money you could order a bride from a former Soviet country or from some sort of wartorn place where they would basically marry anyone just to get out. I don't know the site exactly. You still might have to talk to her about stuff, though… but maybe if she's really desperate or in danger or something she wouldn't care if you weren't a perfect 10.
  8. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Matt, make that okcupid profile. The way that site works is you basically answer questions about what you want or don't want in a partner, and the site uses your answers to match you up with people who are similar to you. So in order to use that site as it was intended, try to answer about 100 or so questions (or more, if you want... Because the more you answer the better the matching algorithm will be to fit your needs), post pictures of yourself (the ideal would be several face pictures and several full-body), and write an interesting profile about who you are, your goals in life, hobbies, likes and dislikes, etc. After you do that, use their search option to find people near you with high match percentages based on the questions you answered, and send a few people messages. Remember to watch spelling and grammar and sound intelligent and interesting. Ask the girl questions about herself and her profile. The more thoughtful and interesting your message is, the more likely someone is to respond. So basically, dont just write something like "Hi. How are you doing?". It comes off as thoughtless and boring to many women. And there are also personality tests and such you can take that help people who look at your profile decide if they want to talk to you.

And it's basically the same thing for plentyoffish, except they don't use match percentages. But if you don't finish writing your profile and don't actively send people messages, the sites won't work for you.