What is there to do?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Appreciate, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appreciate

Appreciate New Member

I'm 15 years old. Teachers often complain that my intelligence gets in the way of what they wish to be an acceptable conforming nature everyone else in the grade has. I don't see life the way anyone else around me does... and if I have to stay here any longer, I will kill myself. Pills, gun, rope, whatever it takes.

School's killing me, literally, and my MAJOR lack of communication skills keeps me from having deep relationships with anyone other than what I believe may be the love of my life.

Her name is Melody. Don't ask, I just felt the need to mention her. She doesn't know it but she's kept me alive for longer than either of us could comprehend. And now, I'm not sure even she is worth my still living. If I have to go back to school, I may kill myself...

What options are there?
    I don't want to leave....

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Appreciate. I'm a high school level teacher, but I'm just a substitute right now. Why do your teachers complain that your intelligence is getting in the way? Are you overly intelligent and it intimidates them? Is melody your friend or would you like a relationship with her? Talk to her and see how she feels. :hug:

3. Appreciate

Appreciate New Member

My intelligence gets in the way due to my understanding of the true worthlessness of the subjects I'm learning.
    I've heard it a billion times... "It's not that you need to pass these subjects to understand them... you just need to know them to get your diploma and get to college to secure your future."
    But how secure is my future when I'm not sure if I'll make it out of the 9th grade ?
    Suicide will beat these teachers to the punch.
    If I don't change or get out of the situation, that will be a guarantee.

The only way I see getting out of this is suicide, which truly gives back nothing but an unfelt piece, or somehow going to some mental institution that could keep me from this hell-like life.

And as for Melody... even simply the name lights me up... LOL
    I know it's nerdy but she's the only way I feel free, secure, and hopeful.
    She's been through more physical things than I have... rape etc.
    But I surpass her slightly mentally.

We are around the same level psychologically, I'm just the first willing to take the plunge.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.