what is there to live for?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ava321, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ava321

ava321 Active Member

i'm totally alone. i have no friends at all. the loneliness is crushing me to death.

i'm not married, i don't have kids, and i have no dreams. i've never had the feeling that i need to do something with my life.

it just doesn't make sense why i even have to exist.. i just want to be done with life. i'm so tired of feeling this pain.
  2. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

before i screwed things up..... think about doing what i did.

volunteer to help out those who arein a bad place in THEIR lives. homeless shelter, soup kitchen, drug or alcohol dependent, church groups. just totally fill your time. it was the very best thing i did.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Make yourself go out volunteer work with animals or in a nrsg home meet people that way Take a course something that is interesting arts or music just something to get you among people who have your same interest ok doing the same thing everyday will not promote change hugs
  4. ava321

ava321 Active Member

i'm not a social person by nature and volunteer work involving people would be awful for them.
  5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

perhaps you can start small, like going to a coffee shop a few times a week, always at the same time/day. Or even just sit on the outside steps to change the air. Go to a park, or sit on a bench. Do it a few times a day and then increase and do a bit more risky things.

I understand what you mean though, I have social phobias and I'm alone most of the time. But I'm trying to force myself to go out. I go to a coffee shop for about an hour, although haven't gone out because it's cold over here at this time and because of my asthma I can't go out. But I try...I'm hoping eventually I will find friends...because you never know...
  6. ava321

ava321 Active Member

i would do that.. but i feel like when i'm sitting alone or to the side, it bothers people and i get automatically judged as weird and different. it's like the world has a problem with me sitting to the side.
  7. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

ava, ty for posting on my thread.... i honestly do not have an answer to your question, or i would have posted long ago... i myself am really starting to struggle with finding reasons to continue fighting
  8. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't think it bothers people, but you feel it does because maybe it bothers you? People are so busy with their own lives that they don't really pay attention to others around them, especially if you sit quietly by yourself. But also you never know, someone may notice you and think, wow she looks cool, I wish I could talk to her.

It's easy to think negatively, but not so to think positive...perhaps try and contradict your negative thoughts about yourself...it's not easy but with practice it will change the negative thoughts of yourself. I know because I tend to think negatively, and that people are constantly judging me but I've been working on changing that. So now I try and catch myself when I think others are judging me without proof...it's hard but it's doable.

I'm sorry you go through that though...it is hard and pure torture and I know how painful it can be...please don't judge yourself...you're human and it's okay...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.