What is this place good for?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by justafool, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

I really have to wonder what the point of this forum is. This is my 70th post (all in one month) and I really have nothing to show for it.

Apparently, none of the replies that I've made to people's threads have touched them in the least, because I've heard nothing from anybody. If no connection is ever made with anyone, then what's the point of doing it?

It's just another nail in my coffin.

:sf: (not really)

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You don't know your replies haven't touched people. It might be that they are not in a place to contact you back, or don't want to bother you. Often just knowing some read and cared enough to reply can make a difference but sometimes people are too lost to be able to acknowledge it.

You say you have nothing to show for it, but you may have more than you realise. You have posted X amount of replies to people. You never know, but one of those, or more, could have saved someone's life. It might be that those replies helped you too, maybe to understand yourself more, maybe as a distraction, maybe as something else.

What is it you hoped this forum might be for you? I think it has a different point for everyone here, and even if they present as the same point, it will have subtle differences.

3. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

You want the truth? No one asked you to join this 'community.' You came and you were welcomed, but that's it. You can't expect someone to walk out of your computer and hug you, it just doesn't work. This place is just a resting place for the mind for some, or a place of coping. I don't expect anything, I just enjoy reading how and what people type, it helps me understand humans more at their lowest.

4. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

If you want a closer friendship with someone you can PM them and talk to them in a more closly environment. Every post helps. It's a horrible feeling to make a thread and get zero responses, one or more responses means that there is someone in this vast world who cares and that is what this place is for.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Justafool,
    i for one have not seen your posts. I agree that you want to talk to someone maybe you should PM them..Also when your new the replies come slow at first until members come across them..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.