What is this?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by The_8th_Wonder, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Well I'm not really sure if I actually have personality disorders or not because I haven't been diagnosed but I'm pretty good at hiding things. Anyways I always feel like something bad is going to happen. I periodically check behind my back to make sure nobody is there. I have a bad feeling that my parents got in a car crash every time they go somewhere and are gone for a while. I hear something in my head that tells me to do something or be killed. I always fear I am going to see somebody I know when I go out in public. Along with these I am distracted very easily and read the wrong word when the word is actually another word and sometimes type the wrong word. And on top of that I have mood swings and I think anger management problems. I can't have all of these disorders can I? Is it possible that I am just imagining that I have all these? How is it that nobody has caught onto the disorders if I do indeed have all of them?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't know much about personality disorders but you certainly sound paranoid and have some sort of social anxiety, maybe generalized anxiety disorder. Every night before I go to sleep I check under my bed, even though I know there is no one there, its paranoia. I highly recommend that you see a doctor about this as it is obviously severely affecting you a lot. I wish you the best of luck hun :hug:
  3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Could be generalized anxiety disorder, Go see your doctor.
  4. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Well I'm not going to see a doctor because unfortunately that is out of the question. Is there anything else I can do??
  5. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

you could start by doing research on your own. since you know your symptoms best you will likely be able to recognize a description of yourself if you see one. its kind of a "voila-epiphony" moment, like the last puzzle piece sliding into place. the internet is a veritable cornecopia of information. search through mental health websites and see what description fits you.

if you find something that will at least give you a place to start. also i've found just hanging around here to be pretty helpful. a place for support when i'm down and a chance to help others when i'm doing okay. its good stuff.
  6. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

Other than the "I hear something in my head that tells me to do something or be killed.". I'm pretty much the same as you. And I also sometimes feel that I'm just imagining it because I do imagine quite a lot of things. Don't know if this bothers you as well, but something that bothers me a lot is the fact that I like to be recognized and acknowledged for the things I do, but I highly dislike compliments. I sometimes dislike compliments even more than criticisms. :dry:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.