What Is Triggering You Right Now?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bambi, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Well things were going great until I got triggered out of nowhere and now am spun out.

So...I was wondering what types of things trigger others to see if I am not alone....I know it changes from hour to hour for some so please feel free to post as often as you like and feel free to vent too.
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

work and my own paranoid thoughts. other stuff too but those are the 2 biggest...
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Feeling so alone, I don't think I want to live like this much longer, in fact I know I don't want to live like this.
  4. Things

Things Well-Known Member

One of my biggest triggers is my lack of accomplishments. Every day I do the same thing. All I ever seem to do is draw some shitty sketches and sleep. When I look at great art, like ones at ConceptArt, I feel so discouraged and useless.

Another trigger is realising just how alone I feel. I have literally no real life friends, none that aren't family anyway. It feels like no one cares, even though I know it's not true....

Sometimes, I'm upset for no real reason. Out of no where depression, it seems.
  5. peacegirl

peacegirl Well-Known Member

It is important to define 'trigger' because it could throw us off. A trigger in the definition given (i.e. the dictionary definition, not my personal one) is something that takes us from a response that is equal to the issue at hand. Often, triggers lead us away from the actual experience of anger and use past history to explain our feelings of resentment, which makes our response overblown. Does that make any sense? :(
  6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

By trigger I mean what is triggering your depression/sadness/pain/suicidal thoughts. Sorry for the confusion.
  7. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Right now my inability to feel good about anything especially myself.
  8. losthope

losthope Well-Known Member

I'm trapped, discouraged, powerless to change my situation, socially excluded, no friends, my financial situation degrading, low will to live, injustices, painful memories continuously popping up in my mind, unable to find inner peace, constant thoughts of suicide, and so on…
  9. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

life, loneliness, anger, fed up-ness.
  10. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

11. Darc

Darc Well-Known Member

Can't stand looking at my wrists...I always need to cover them up...

Also, thinking about what I'm doing...wasting everything...never getting anything right...thinking of tomorrow...makes me so depressed I just wanna go to sleep and not wake up.
  12. princezzshan

princezzshan New Member

loneliness, i feel worth less about myself and everything i do..and my job makes me miserable. i feel so lost....
  13. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

i miss the man that broke my heart. he says he still cares, but where has he been for the last several months while i suffer?
  14. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Thoughts of my ex
  15. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Bankruptcy, homelessness, cancer, loneliness
  16. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Triggers can come out of nowhere. Sometimes I can't tell what it is but do recognize that I'm stressed. Perhaps stress is one of my triggers.

Having to fill out forms trigger me instantly. All the years of applying for services for my kid and everyone telling me she didn't qualify. I hate those people.
  17. kittylover

kittylover Well-Known Member

- Pretty women
    - Stories of transsexual women doing well
    - Being treated differently because I am / appear to be a guy
    - Feeling excluded from women's activities and friendships
    - Seeing myself in the mirror

I don't want to live anymore if I have to be a guy...
  18. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Paranoia, and being approached by someone, I hate when someone comes to the door.. I peek out the window and if I don't recognise the car I don't answer the door..
  19. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx Well-Known Member

lost and alone....
    fears...voices in my head...
  20. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Slightly confused. Suicide part is always there (at least past three months). I'm not triggered into feeling suicidal, although i might be triggered into holding off, if that makes sense? i don't think an external type influence could affect my suicidal feelings (it's not an external thing that causes me to feel suicidal). For me, it's an inside job.

Do you mean like triggering some sort of psychological response/reaction, something along those lines? As far as triggering me, external things rarely if ever do, as my ptsd symptoms have been well controlled or non existant (?) for quite some time.

Until...the past few days. :eek:hmy: Some heavy stuff has come down. External triggers one after another after another, setting off ptsd symptoms. OMG WTF, like how does that much intense stuff of that specific nature come down all at once?? :unsure: WHOA! Almost like i have a target painted on me and i can't run or hide. :hiding:

:eek:hmy: I can't tell anyone though. :no: It's terrifying stuff. :eek:hmy:

i am sorry :sad: sorry this is far too long a response (sleepy)

but at least i got that much out. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.