What is ur anti-depression?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by nicesinging1, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Recently, I saw a commercial regarding dangers of illegal drugs and warnings for teenagers. It featured a prominent football player who said at the end of clip, "Football, my anti-drug" showcasing it was his passion for football that kept him away from temptation of drugs.
    It made me raise interesting Q. What is my anti-depression? I would say it is basketball, family, and hope for the future.
    What is your anti-depression?

2. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

that sounds like an interesting way of warning kids, any idea if there is a video on youtube? i wouldnt mind seeing it.

anyway to the question - i really dont think i have one. i have no interests in anything anymore and no longer have any friends.

3. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Comedies like Seinfeld, Curb etc always make me feel better. Videogames help to a certain extent. Walking the dog, playing golf and tennis ... things like that. I also like reading about other countries and their customs etc, reassures me that 'normal' is totally subjective. And also shows that the world has a lot of weird and wonderful things to offer which one day I want to be a part of.

Reading about space is good too. Reminds me how insignificant me and my problems are (which is good, I think) and makes me want to stick around to see how much more we can learn.

4. Ahrimar

Ahrimar Well-Known Member

Id have to say goood angry Rock and Metal is mine...

But, the thing that works the most is Drifting. When i go out and hop into my RX-7 and spend 3-4 hours drifting its kinda hard to feel depressed after youve just done something people dream about doing.... God i love it.

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I guess that my anti-depression things would my music that I play and singing. Playing my guitar and singing some beatles songs always cheers me up. The classics are really good.

7. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I love that photograph with the 'tilt-a-whirl' sign on top :smile:. I like those grid like lines- it looks like some kind of little prison with possible strange creatures living in it..

I don't really have an 'anti-depression' as I'm not depressed. I generally try and listen to myself first and foremost- try and keep myself not floating out of my head too much. I have gone through 2 years in various dissociative fogs..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  8. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

thanks, if you noodle around my site you'll see all kinds of fun stuff. i'm doing some photos now about depression, and ireland. doll parts and weird leaves and things. hard to describe... but COOL....

9. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

drugs

10. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Music, With good lyrics

11. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

A special girl to me is one of my anti-depressants. Unfortunately at the moment I can’t be with her, so every moment I’m not with her and wondering what she is doing I get worse (its complicated). So it kind of works both ways. Also, unfortunately, drugs. I know, bad habit, but at least I’m getting better than I was. And music, as everyone says. Sometimes reading, but sometimes when I’ depressed I find it hard to sit down, relax, and simply read.

12. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Music... althought sometimes could have oposite effects:)

13. gforce7

gforce7 Active Member

books
    online scrabble
    alcohol

14. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

Sertraline, music & physical exercise

15. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

For people who said they use alcohol and drugs as anti-deprssion, you have to quit using those ASAP. Though alcohol and drugs make u feel good temporarily, they always make u feel worse afterward. They are "depressants" for a reason. They also ruin countless people's lives by making them becoming an addict.
    Please quit using drugs and alcohol ASAP and replace them with healthy coping mechanisms such as exercise, playing sports, playing guitar, working on garden, going to movies, etc... I want you guys to look at long-term picture. Though life is tough for all of us right now battling depression, I envision all of us living happy, wonderful, fun, and successful life in the future.

16. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

i think mine is being at work i work at incat some of you may know the place its in tasmania and we build big boats for people all over the world we are building some for the us navy soon. when i am at work i cant afford to be depressed so it actually sometimes makes you forget about all the bad times i have ever experienced in my life but i still get down at work but i cant just sit in a corner and cry i have to keep working and push my self beyond that mindset.

17. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

hoping that one day i'll be loved.
    along with my ipod<3
    hehe.

18. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Time.
    Wait long enough and it passes so that it can come back later.

19. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

My anti-depression is my love for my gf

:badday: + :cupid: = :wub::wub::wub::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

20. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

mine are simple things in life yet they works wonder in me like the feeling i get after brushing my tooth, taking a long stroll at random places at sundown, a good book, preparing my own meal, & when i'm really in such a bad mood i'll just take a walk in the rain let it all wet (if just nice its rain though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.