What is worth living for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody! I can ease things a bit and say that I'm not suicidal at the moment but I'm in a crisis.
Since this site is pro-life, and suicide is not encouraged I want to know why is it worth living?
Parents won't do for me because they are scum.
Also on my teenage years when I was posting on the internet when having suicidal feelings some people responded that "you are just a teenager, you have a whole life ahead of you". My answer to that not just then but now is "Oh yeah? Then what should I do with this life?" I'm now 24 and still nothing.
One thing I noticed when I was talking about people about "what I want to become?" (profession, career) and
I said I don't know, they kept pushing "But you must have something you wish for, you dream of!" then I realized I don't...I don't have any dreams or wishes. Strange but true. If I say this then you probably will frown on me, but you may come to this conclusion yourself too: I just feel like chasing dreams is not worth it because I will feel indifferent if I complete them (or have a really short-term happiness) and will need to hold on to other dreams. I feel like dreaming and yearning feels better than having completed a dream.
So, I'm asking you: What can you come up with, what constructive ideas do you have regarding "what to do with life?"

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Interesting question you have posed. Life is important but like human beings we all duffer the woes of life. Some days are good and others are bad. We have to cope with hand of cards we have dealt with. People cope with life in many ways such as hobbies, interests, families and voluntary work.

You need to concentrate on what makes you happy or what gives you a sense of satisfaction or inner peace. By appreciating the simple things in life initially and drawing up a list of goals you wish to do. You deal with your worries on a day to day basis. If you have been feeling low, then you need to seek medical advice as well as trying group therapy.

I am letting you know from what I have experienced and read from previous posts on this site. People want to live for various different reasons and that includes you. I cannot comment for you but perhaps you need to write down your own goals and read other posts here. I hope this helps you but please feel free to PM me anytime to talk in private.

Please be safe and do not act on any feelings.

afterlifepig

*become an ant like me and help ppl to build programs, update online encyclopedias, etc.

*get high off of legal drugs like caffeine and alcohol and do stuff ... these can make experiences more enjoyable

*work on opposite sex relationships. these r less interesting in proportion to how ugly u r but i'm assuming ur not 2 ugly

*have hobbies like for me roleplaying games and being creative

*an example of being creative, write ur own music. maybe a song to woo a man/woman of ur choice ... learning about music by composing it is a very cool experience

*lots of other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00