what is wrong with being selfish

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by popzim, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popzim

popzim New Member

Is it really really that bad to be selfish. I try to fight my suicidal urges because i am so worried about the upset and embarrassment i may cause the people who know me. But why?
    They don't support me or even know how i am they never ask. They only come to me if they have a problem they dont want to even acknowledge mine let alone help me with it so why should i care
    I am such a people pleaser and it totally pisses me off. I should be happy i can help people but I find as i get more and more isolated with my illness i get more resentful of people putting there needs on to me.
    So when i am being consumed by am overwhelming urge to kill myself why should i care if people are mad with me or if i leave a mess or if they think it was some sick revenge. If they can think of only themselves then surely i can too
    The doctors and social workers tell me all the time to do something for me not other people and this would be totally for me except i dont want to die full of guilt i need to leave all that behind. I dont know wether to be sad mad or bad at the moment i am so mixed up
  2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

welcome 2 SF

i think you do care about ppl and ur not selfish. it just u r used 2 doing things 4 other's sake that u r depleted in energy to do what u want like feeling suicide is something u do for yourself, but is something u really want. would u live if the ppl would be pleased with if u live the life u want
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't think there's anything wrong with being selfish.
    But why not try to find reasons to live so that you might find happiness in this lifetime?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.