What is wrong with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been feeling depress for the last couple of weeks and didn't know where to turn. I do have thoughts of suicide, but not serious ones. Not like planning it out or anything. I didn't know where to turn and I didn't want to "talk" to a stranger so I joined this forum. After reading a couple of posts, I actually started crying. What is wrong with me?

Have there been any major changes in you life lately? Depression can hit you at just about any time, but sometimes it is precipitated by something. If your feelings don't change, please go talk to your family doctor. There are so many things that can bring on depression including something physical. The important thing is to try and get a handle on it before it gets to the place where those suicidal thoughts become serious ones. I am glad you have come here searching for answers. :hug:

ODIECOM

i agree with the last post.
sometimes things happen and we seem to be stuck in that situation for awhile. it can create situational depression. sit back and give it some thought and see if you cant figure out whats up.

mandyj101

hi there and welcome 2 the forum..
nothing is wrong with u..i find myself crying over posts aswel..sometimes because i can relate so much 2 the pain..and others i cant really explain why-i just feel so much for the poster.. i think these are natural feelings..depression can heighten them.. but its normal so dont worry.. if anything it shows u are a compashionate person which is a good thing..
have u tried talking 2 some1 u know..rather than a stranger? mabye ur gp.. or some1 else u cant trust?
all the best :hug:

ODIECOM

sometimes the hardest thing to do, is stepping out of the boat and asking for help. oooooo they might think im nuts or something. well, your not alone.

its amazing how many ppl wont get help because they believe they are lableing themselves. its a shame thing to some. if i ask for help, im saying .. theres something wrong with me.

the thing is, we can choose between short term POSITIVE uneasyness or long term misery.

its time to get out of the boat.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hey glad you are here and reaching out for some support. Summer time can be a time when one gets more depressed maybe you are worried about something or someone. Can you talk to a councillor or your doctor sometimes just writing your emotions or thoughts out can help clear things up for you.
It is better though if you can talk to someone professionally because they can give you some direction on how to get a handle on these thoughts. Crying not a bad thing either it helps let the pain out. Please keep posting and try to talk to someone in person as well take care.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Chris,

Welcome to SF.

I think you should tell a doctor/psych or counsellor what you're going through. They won't judge you,they're there to help you.
While you don't feel like acting on your thoughts now,that might not always be the case,so it's probably best you seek it help now :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00