What is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by BornFree, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

I don't know what is wrong with me?

I can't handle anything anymore... autism or not... my daughter starts screaming and crying refusing to eat, wash, toilet get dressed and do the the most simplest of things and I just can't handle the crying so I leave go upstairs and sit shaking, hyperventilating curled up in a ball with my fingers in my ears. All the while fighting the urge to just grab my keys and run...

I don't have any diagnosis and yes I am a terrible mother running from her children... meanwhile I love them with all my heart and soul... BUT I can't help them anymore.

I can't eat, sleep (2hrs last night, 4 hrs the night before) or stop shaking...
    Is this a nervous breakdown?

Please ANY input would be so appreciated!

2. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

You should definitely see someone about this. Sometimes being a parent is overwhelming, and this may be causing anxiety and stress. I would definitely go to counseling and stress management classes. Find a daycare if you can. Good luck.

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Do you have any support from social services? There will be a children with disabilities team that may help e.g. coping strategies, respite.
    You need and deserve a break xx

4. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

You're not a terrible mother at all. You shouldn't be expected to cope on your own with no support at all. You need to speak to someone and get some help, whether it's physical help with the children or counselling or something for you to help you deal with the stress. Don't be afraid or ashamed to ask for help, and please do it sooner than later, before things reach crisis point.

As Fitzy said, you need and deserve a break, before the stress breaks you.

Mim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.