what is wrong with people?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cloudy, Jul 12, 2011.

1. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i got about a block and a half before some idiot who i suspect was in a car started yelling slut at me. being mentally ill, i wonder how to ignore people. if it were not for this illness i know that i wouldn't pay any attention. what do you do when idiots yell at you everyday? i kept looking back to try and see who was yelling at me. how can you be a ***** when you've been with the same person for 3 years.granted i made a mistake but that does not make me a *****. i sure as hell don't stand out on the street corner and shit.

its bunch of bullshit really. they act like i'm the only female on the planet. and there are better looking women out there. any thoughts would be appreciated. i need a male's perspective as to why it is necessary to yell slut at a total stranger.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun they are the ones with the mental illness the immature ignorant asses they are. all you can do hun is ignore their stupidity hun don't give them any reaction keep walking as if you did not hear them hugs
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

guys will yell out slut and other obscenities when they feel low or threatened, like if you turn a guy down, he'll say something like slut or lesbian or whatever to make him feel better...some men think they are entitled to the world and you should bow down to them as they talk to you

its an ego thing, it makes them feel good to put down others....

I'm not the most pretty girl on the block and I'm obese but it doesn't stop the idiots from flocking to me and they expect that because I'm obese and maybe don't have alot of choice in love that I should just be grateful the asswhipe gave me some attention...

apparently though they aren't all like that...don't know where they are hiding though:hiding:
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Some people are just awful. I have no explanation beyond that. It doesn't matter what their reasons are, there is no excuse for that behaviour.
  5. DonDen

DonDen Active Member

Honestly I can't tell you, I don't think like most guys. I think it is an ego thing, plus its your business what you do. People don't know how to look at things through other perspective, or they just ignore it. I believe people a little to much though, I am open to things, and I like to be honest to people. I have been called gay, I wouldn't care except I'm not gay. I mean I would admit if I was, but I think guys call me that because I treat the girls I date like princesses. It still gets me down when they do call me gay though, I feel like there is something wrong with me. I wouldn't worry about it though, I don't know who you are. But you know in your heart that you are not a slut.
  6. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

thanks for the replies. i think it will all eventually stop.
  7. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

You're right it is an ego thing, they're projecting their unconscious superiority(illusory superiority). The ego is driven by the unconscious.

Similarly to when Jesus was being crucified he said "Forgive them for they know not what they do"...

When I was younger I was much more judgmental and ego driven but as I got older(not like I'm an old man or anything lol) I became more compassionate, much much judgmental and understanding of people from all walks of life.

They were driven by their ego which made them ignorant to how being rude makes another person feel.

It's like when a car full of young guys yells obscene things at a younger obese women it's along the lines of ingroup superiority, individuals will look for any reason no matter how insignificant to prove why their group is superior, sadly this improves their self esteem.

Oddly enough morning rush I just wrote that part about obese without reading the latter half of your message about being obese yourself. It's sad how superficial this world has become, media is largely to blame and all of the ego driven people...

If want check out the song playing god "next time you point the finger I'll point you to the mirror" their judgments are just a reflection of themselves, to blame you so they can feel better about themselves.

I''d bet you're quite pretty morning rush :hug: and more importantly you have a good heart :)

I'm hiding out waiting to be found but unfortunately it may be too late for me...:hiding:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  8. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

:lol!: jesus reference, im amused, he seems to pop up on here quite a lot

You asked for a males perspective as to why they say it? A few reasons really.

Peer Pressure
    Generally being an asshole

Only 3 reasons it could be, i wouldnt worry about it, if it happens again just shout back but thats not what you said last night. Or if ya really wanna piss them off tell them coming from the man who gave me AIDS. Watch him cry like a little bitch. If you say something back to them and stand up to them they wont say bog all. They view you as an easy target because you say nothing back to them.
  9. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

no you're wrong on one front. i've yelled back at these people and all it does is make things worse, they keep doing it. i'm learning that ignoring them is the best way even though it is hard for me sometimes to not respond. these fuckers want me to respond. so giving them a reaction only makes it worse. make sense? its because they are spreading lies and rumors about me to people in the city who have no life. so when one of the brainwashed see me, they yell at me.

i was just locking up my bike and heard a hispanic dude across the street yell ho at me. i ignored him and went inside.
  10. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Yeah ignoring them is better, a reaction gives them cause to respond again on a more .. Well it just escalates. :(