What is wrong with the GOP canidates

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mordeci, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I would really love for someone to write a book on how the GOP field is what it is because any canidate with a legitamate shot seems to be crazy stupid or both. Michele Bachman, took time off to pray the Gay away to say "Now with the president, he put us in Libya. He is now putting us in Africa." Libya, it should be noted, is in Africa. Ron Paul is still insane, I think Rick Perry dosen't like black people (neither does Herman Cain for that matter), the most presidental one of the bunch (Romney) believes in magic underwear and magic plates that can be viewed through a stone. (No Mormonism is not a cult, but a very, very out there relegion) I am not saying Obama is better (well by comparision yes he is) but if there was a legitamte or lets say rational caniadate on the other side, I wouldn't be so concerned. I am not sure if the country is getting dumber or, just our standards but it makes me ashamed to be American when this is what the alterantive is.
  2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Completely unlike Christianity, then?? :duck:
  3. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

Say what you want, but here in south africa we have the WORST people in government, just google Jacob Zuma or Julius Malema to see the kind of clowns we have to deal with. And as the old saying goes, no matter who you vote for, the government always gets in. Now if only I could find my old Anarchy tshirt....
  4. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Im an athesit, all relegions are foolish to me, but morminsim was literaly invented by a con man, I am not saying drinking wine and pretending it is the blood of christ is a act of a rational person but at least there was a real jesus, stuff in the book of mormon has no historical backing, there is a general consenses that indians are not the lost tribe of isreal. Rational people can believe irrational things, thats called faith, I dont have that but I can respect that morminism takes it to an extreme that I don't believe is faith, its stupidity
  5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Why do you view Ron Paul as "insane"? You didn't elaborate on your reasoning for that.
  6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

In Mormonism, remember that one of their books says that God lives on a star named Kolob.
  7. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Personally theres a laundry list for Paul but I don't have the time or energy to go through each one so I just pick some of my favorites. Withdrawl from the UN and World Trade Organization. He wants to go back to an isolationism of America (particularly from the global economy) because that worked so well the first time, beyond that his econimc policy just dosen't work or are even rational, yes ending the federal reserve system is insane, so is abolishing income taxes, and letting the market decide what kind of monetary standard we should use.
  8. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Kolob reversed becomes bolok, quite appropriate i think
  9. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

Mormons believe in Jesus and they believe in the bible- they are Christians.

I know Kolob - the planet is significant in some way - but thats all i know- can anyone tell me the truth and source? if they can be bothered.
  10. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Mormons are not Christians in the typical sense. They believe that God has an exalted body, and that he attained godhood by being human, and passing all sorts of 'trials'.

Kolob is mentioned in the Book of Abraham. It's apparently a translation of some hypocephali with some mummies that Jospeh Smith purchased. He 'prophesied' that the mummies were Abraham, and Joseph in the Old Testament.
  11. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Can anyone tell the difference between Kabob and Heaven? Same shit to me.

Also, who gives a damn?
  12. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

I like to know ....
  13. joonior

joonior Active Member

Is this still a thread about the candidates?

Anyways, in regards to the people that think Ron Paul's crazy, sure he may have some pretty huge ideas, but that doesn't mean they're crazy. The federal reserve is what I'd call a "private/government conglomerate that doesn't have a transparent system to show us where OUR money is going. If you have faith in the FR to do what they're supposed to then I've got a bridge in New York to sell you.

Also, those that call the "Occupy Wall Street" protestors "hippies" couldn't be farther from the truth. The movement is about a huge majority of the people, and is led by people as normal as our friends, our family, and our neighbors. The gentleman who sits in the cubicle next to you may be a part of it; the person who fixed the siding or plumbing on your house may be a part of it as well. The movement doesn't involve a bunch of lazy people who just want "free handouts"; it's full of people that are tired of our money being spent on frivolous wars that only seem to progress farther into debt, frivolous bailouts for banks that then in turn spend the money on new jets. If you think that's hippie, well, then I think you're part of the problem.
  14. Edgar Roni Figaro

Edgar Roni Figaro Well-Known Member

<mod edit: *sparkle* : insulting>. Ron Paul is insane? That is the only thing <mod edit: *sparkle* insulting> can repeat about Ron Paul. They never have anything to back up what they say. Tell me since you are <mod edit: *sparkle* : insulting> what is insane about Ron Paul? The fact that he respects other nations sovereignty and isn't willing to bomb the shit out of millions of innocent people?

The fact that he understands why other nations people would be angry at us when they all lose a mother, father, son, or daughter to a drone bombing? The fact that he understands that no matter how much someone like you might want to impose your belief system on me that I have a right to believe what I want and live how I want without you or the government telling me I can't as along as I don't infringe on anyone else's rights?

<mod edit: *sparkle*: insulting> reading about our Constitution, our system of law, or the individual rights we have as a people that are being destroyed year by year by politicians who think it is ok to strip basic rights like the right to a fair trial before being convicted and executed.

<mod edit: *sparkle* : insulting> when you turn on Fox News or MSNBC for your 2 minutes of XXXXXX

mod edit: *sparkle* : insulting> . As a doctor he refused to accept medicare or medicaid because it was government money and he saw those patients for free out of his own pocket. As a politician he refuses to participate in the congressional pension and returns a portion of his yearly salary back to the US treasury to pay off the national debt.

<mod edit: *sparkle* : insulting>
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.