What is your basic longing for right now?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by snapshotsthebook, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just read a poll on here that concluded that around 75% of the people polled do not feel that they fit in here. So what is your longing that is not being met? Pick one an explain.
  2. My longing is this. Connection.
    Do I connect here? Simply put....no. It's the internet!!! Even if I do connect with someone on here who knows the "truth" about them. Who are they really? Are they safe? And most importantly what do they want from me?

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Connection. Not working here either. I love the Internet in general for people, but I'm finding it hard to find like-minded individuals here.
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Basic longing? I want to wake up one day and not be me. That's what I long for. An escape from this defective brain and body.
  5. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

this i would have expected would be the first place i would look for acceptance for who i was inside, although reading posts and talking to others, confirms i can never tell anyone or show anyone who i am inside
  6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

To meet my local weather girl and sexx her up.
  7. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Pit!! XD

Mine would be companionship, that of an intimate, romantic level. I have school, a job, many loving friends and family, a goal in life. Hell I'm not even all that displeased with my appearence, especially as I've gotten in shape. The only thing I'm truly missing in life is someone to be my girlfriend and to connect with me on a deeper level. I suppose I should consider myself very grateful for just lacking that one thing but still.
  8. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

1) To be heard, validated and supported. I've spent an entire lifetime being ignored, patronized, invalidated, lied to and betrayed.

2) (NOT HERE) but some day to find someone who can love me for who I am, not just for what I do for them, or for money, or for sex. It'd be really awesome too, if they understood me.
  9. I understand....but if and when you get on the right medicines it's a whole new world. I am creative now. I'm writing a book and living a productive happy life that I couldn't have otherwise. Best of luck to you...Sarah
  10. I hope that you do find someone who trully loves you for you....what do you think about God's love for you?

11. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

My spiritual beliefs are similar to Gnostic. (Not agnostic, though that too, I suppose, in a way). I believe there's probably something out there, but I don't know what it is. I won't go into it any further than that, because I think discussing religion on any forum is nothing but a cocktail for disaster. But thank you for asking.
  12. Vanq

Vanq Active Member

I long to lash out at the world.
  13. Misconduct

Misconduct Active Member

I long to
    1 be a women
    2 have green cat eyes
    3 be blond
    4 be able to be 100 time stronger then any man
    5 teleport
    6 live 4 ever to find out if you can really go mad if you cant die.
  14. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

Friendship, someone who would care about me.
  15. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

a sweet loving girlfriend...
  16. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

my health back my dog back my sex drive back to go back to around april 2005 would be awesome
  17. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

A civilised society to live for instead of this hoard or barbarians to die for.
  18. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

- for a set of reasons to work towards my goals that are true for everyone, and genuinely worthwhile for the planet, and everything on it. Nothing is true, and everything is open to question. That is the root cause of my depression. That, and what I personally believe to be true seems to be shared by a minority of largely powerless people.
    - for the energy and willingness to pursue those goals presuming I can get a decent set of reasons to do so.
  19. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

A slightly longer johnson :blub:
  20. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I wish someone would call me and say:
    "If we don't get more power to the warp drive we're all going to have to go out and push!" -Paris,Star Trek
    It would mean my craziest dream, of being aboard a star ship, has come true, and not only that, also being a part of one of the funniest crews on Star Trek. :)
    More ordinary one would be to find people here who had similar experiences, who could understand how I feel, who want friendship, be it only this virtual one.
    RL wish - to have a peaceful mind.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.