1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your best dream ever?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by sammakko, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

What is your best dream ever?

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

It was like a giant forrest...with colors of flourescent green and purple with deep caverns and canyons....very mysterious, yet beautiful and peaceful.

That dream was about 20 years ago and I still remember it. My memory of this dream was triggered by the movie "Avatar" which had a similar look...so I was trying to think of old movies that may have caused the dream in the first place...some may be familiar with the movie "Brigadoon" which had a very peaceful look and fell to it in a forrested area.

3. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I see lot of dreams. Hard to pick only one dream. I liked the one where sun and moon switch places with earth.

4. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

In the dream I was living again at a place I use to live, I was walking and noticed a rabid bear on a chain and it was trying to get to me but was stopped by the chain, so I started to run then I noticed that there was another rabid bear and it to was on a chain too but it was running hard and I knew it would break the chain, so I ran as hard as I could .. I got over this hill and came up on a wooden deck, suddenly I morph into a huge huge bear and I stop running, the rabid bear suddenly gets up on the deck and stops, when it realizes what I am its face is suddenly terrified and it turns and runs away quicker then it came.. Then I was like wow this is awesome and remember thinking distinctly that I could run straight across Canada and wouldnt have to bother with roads. Then I woke up.

This was one of my favorite dreams.

5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I survived a storm on the sea, on a small boat, and I arrived in a big place, or big island, all flat of a bright green, very sunny, very blue sky, and people were all alive, and happy, and smiled. There I found the one I think is my bio father, and we recognized each other's and hugged. It was very peaceful and it did lots of good to me when I woke up.

6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Any dream where I can fly! ~
    I'm so scared of heights and flying; but it's always so peaceful in my dreams. Very free.

7. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

Flight is always so awesome.. I find it the most amazing when I am able to use it to escape a nightmare.

8. ava.

ava. Well-Known Member

I had big, beautiful white wings and I was flying over a stunning landscape. It was over way too soon, though.

In another one, I was falling to the ground really fast, but something caught me a lifted me up... and I just remember it feeling amazing.

I also had another dream that I was falling, and I was about to hit the ground when I woke up. I felt very peaceful and ready in the dream...

9. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

There was one where I lived in a forest and had the ability to turn into any animal I wanted to -- that was pretty cool

another one was where I was horseriding along the beach with my friends. Man, I miss riding... but that was definitely loads of fun.

hmmm there's more but I dont remember them....

10. doggytears

doggytears Active Member

I had this dream where the Queen on a chessboard imprisoned me in a room full of empty canvases. She was this anthropomorphic creature with woman like features but with a body that towered above mine and had a strange crown like head-dress. Basically she told that I would have to sketch and paint on all the empty canvases in the room within a certain amount of time (can't remember how much) or she would kill if me I wasn't done. The dream ended with me falling short on time and the Queen advacing towards me with large, black skirts flailing around her and a black whip with which she assaulted me. I loved this dream because of the picture I sketched on one of the empty canvases - It was something to do with a little boy. Those few precious moments when I still remembered all the sketches in perfet detail after waking up (and realizing I was late for work) was pure bliss.

11. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I never remember my dreams...they are nearly all nightmares anyway x

12. doggytears

doggytears Active Member

At times I wish I didn't remember my dreams. When I get up in the morning I can recollect as many as 10-15 dreams on certain days (and that's no exaggeration :eek:) When I was in college I used to maintain a dream diary - A bizarre log of serial dreams.

It's becoming a big problem for me these days. I hardly ever seem to sleep. I begin dreaming almost as soon as I collapse onto bed, this is when I enter the lucid dreaming state (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream) . I end up late for work almost every morning becuase I need at least 10 to 11 hours of sleep to fully rid my mind of all the dreams it can come up with. My friend at work thinks I need to see a doc about this, it could be something medical. IDK - I'm half afraid that if I do go to a doc my dreams might not be as prolific as they are at the moment.

13. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

I haven't had dreams for years now. But I think my best one was when my cat came home (because he was missing for weeks) and he came home the next day.

14. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

The details escape me, but it was altogether beautiful beyond imagination :)

15. Things

Things Well-Known Member

It's hard to pick one favorite. Oddly enough, the ones I'm most fond are nightmares. I just like them for their sheer detail and sometimes they inspire me (though it takes me a while to get over them and learn to appreciate it).

One in particular was a dream about Hell, I made a post about it.

16. plates

plates Well-Known Member

There are way too many. :wink:

17. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

I don't think I can share it here.

18. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I don't dream very often, but when I do it’s;
    A constant falling sensation, with a multi-coloured kaleidoscope pattern all around me (very psychedelic). As I am falling, I see the faces of people from my past, both good and bad. I don’t know how long this dream goes on for, but I wake up just before I hit the bottom.

19. Lost

Lost Staff Alumni

I have had 2 dreams about a fantasy girl I was in love with. A literal dream girl. :laugh:

Was gutted both times when I woke up though. :blub:

20. TheGift

TheGift Active Member

i've had some good dreams, where i end up jumping out of my bed, literally, with joy. they're dreams of things, people, and events i don't have in the waking world, because either i can't afford them, don't get to meet them, or will never will be able to have. however, those dreams just stay as dreams, sadly, truly... when i wake up from those kind of dreams, i really wished that it had happened, and wanting to just sleep forever and live up that dream... life's unfair. you can't have expectations, and, sometimes, the things u love having...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.