What is your best dream ever?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by sammakko, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

What is your best dream ever?
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

It was like a giant forrest...with colors of flourescent green and purple with deep caverns and canyons....very mysterious, yet beautiful and peaceful.

That dream was about 20 years ago and I still remember it. My memory of this dream was triggered by the movie "Avatar" which had a similar look...so I was trying to think of old movies that may have caused the dream in the first place...some may be familiar with the movie "Brigadoon" which had a very peaceful look and fell to it in a forrested area.
  3. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I see lot of dreams. Hard to pick only one dream. I liked the one where sun and moon switch places with earth.
  4. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

In the dream I was living again at a place I use to live, I was walking and noticed a rabid bear on a chain and it was trying to get to me but was stopped by the chain, so I started to run then I noticed that there was another rabid bear and it to was on a chain too but it was running hard and I knew it would break the chain, so I ran as hard as I could .. I got over this hill and came up on a wooden deck, suddenly I morph into a huge huge bear and I stop running, the rabid bear suddenly gets up on the deck and stops, when it realizes what I am its face is suddenly terrified and it turns and runs away quicker then it came.. Then I was like wow this is awesome and remember thinking distinctly that I could run straight across Canada and wouldnt have to bother with roads. Then I woke up.

This was one of my favorite dreams.
  5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I survived a storm on the sea, on a small boat, and I arrived in a big place, or big island, all flat of a bright green, very sunny, very blue sky, and people were all alive, and happy, and smiled. There I found the one I think is my bio father, and we recognized each other's and hugged. It was very peaceful and it did lots of good to me when I woke up.
  6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Any dream where I can fly! ~
    I'm so scared of heights and flying; but it's always so peaceful in my dreams. Very free.
  7. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

Flight is always so awesome.. I find it the most amazing when I am able to use it to escape a nightmare.
  8. ava.

ava. Well-Known Member

I had big, beautiful white wings and I was flying over a stunning landscape. It was over way too soon, though.

In another one, I was falling to the ground really fast, but something caught me a lifted me up... and I just remember it feeling amazing.

I also had another dream that I was falling, and I was about to hit the ground when I woke up. I felt very peaceful and ready in the dream...
  9. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

There was one where I lived in a forest and had the ability to turn into any animal I wanted to -- that was pretty cool

another one was where I was horseriding along the beach with my friends. Man, I miss riding... but that was definitely loads of fun.

hmmm there's more but I dont remember them....
  10. doggytears

doggytears Active Member

I had this dream where the Queen on a chessboard imprisoned me in a room full of empty canvases. She was this anthropomorphic creature with woman like features but with a body that towered above mine and had a strange crown like head-dress. Basically she told that I would have to sketch and paint on all the empty canvases in the room within a certain amount of time (can't remember how much) or she would kill if me I wasn't done. The dream ended with me falling short on time and the Queen advacing towards me with large, black skirts flailing around her and a black whip with which she assaulted me. I loved this dream because of the picture I sketched on one of the empty canvases - It was something to do with a little boy. Those few precious moments when I still remembered all the sketches in perfet detail after waking up (and realizing I was late for work) was pure bliss.
  11. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I never remember my dreams...they are nearly all nightmares anyway x
  12. doggytears

doggytears Active Member

At times I wish I didn't remember my dreams. When I get up in the morning I can recollect as many as 10-15 dreams on certain days (and that's no exaggeration :eek:) When I was in college I used to maintain a dream diary - A bizarre log of serial dreams.

It's becoming a big problem for me these days. I hardly ever seem to sleep. I begin dreaming almost as soon as I collapse onto bed, this is when I enter the lucid dreaming state (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream) . I end up late for work almost every morning becuase I need at least 10 to 11 hours of sleep to fully rid my mind of all the dreams it can come up with. My friend at work thinks I need to see a doc about this, it could be something medical. IDK - I'm half afraid that if I do go to a doc my dreams might not be as prolific as they are at the moment.
  13. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

I haven't had dreams for years now. But I think my best one was when my cat came home (because he was missing for weeks) and he came home the next day.
  14. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

The details escape me, but it was altogether beautiful beyond imagination :)
  15. Things

Things Well-Known Member

It's hard to pick one favorite. Oddly enough, the ones I'm most fond are nightmares. I just like them for their sheer detail and sometimes they inspire me (though it takes me a while to get over them and learn to appreciate it).

One in particular was a dream about Hell, I made a post about it.
  16. plates

plates Well-Known Member

There are way too many. :wink:
  17. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

I don't think I can share it here.
  18. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I don't dream very often, but when I do it’s;
    A constant falling sensation, with a multi-coloured kaleidoscope pattern all around me (very psychedelic). As I am falling, I see the faces of people from my past, both good and bad. I don’t know how long this dream goes on for, but I wake up just before I hit the bottom.
  19. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I have had 2 dreams about a fantasy girl I was in love with. A literal dream girl. :laugh:

Was gutted both times when I woke up though. :blub:
  20. TheGift

TheGift Active Member

i've had some good dreams, where i end up jumping out of my bed, literally, with joy. they're dreams of things, people, and events i don't have in the waking world, because either i can't afford them, don't get to meet them, or will never will be able to have. however, those dreams just stay as dreams, sadly, truly... when i wake up from those kind of dreams, i really wished that it had happened, and wanting to just sleep forever and live up that dream... life's unfair. you can't have expectations, and, sometimes, the things u love having...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.