• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

What is your BMI?

Karlski

Your Body Mass Index score is: 17.5

Underweight
A BMI below 18.5 is a health risk and too low for optimal health. Please see a GP or dietitian for advice.

/start
GP: You're underweight
me: I know but I cba to change
/loop

I wish we could trade chub.

betteroffunknown

My BMI is 31 according to my drs office. However, I don't take too much stalk in the scale for the simple fact it doesn't take ones build into consideration. (I have big bones.) Not saying I couldn't stand to lose a few pounds (because I'd really like to), but I've learned to not take the reading too personally. I know what weight I'd be comfortable at no matter what the BMI scale tells me, and that's my ultimate goal.

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks for checking it out guys/gals,

@Angel368 We could share diet tips if you like, I am down 21 lbs since last year so I might be able to help a bit.

@SinisterKid Again we could start threads and use it as group work/effort and be there when things are bad.

I have one good tip to share, if you are craving chocolate put a bar of chocolate in the freezer and it will take you forever to eat it lol should last you about a week!

Another one actually is that drinking a cold glass of water increases your metabolism by 10% - we need all the help we can get.

@Karlski Do you have an eating disorder or are you naturally underweight? Either way, we will try and help! :)

Innocent Forever

Go as long as you can. And then take another step.
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
Mine was 36.3
Although, I've lost a size or 2 around my waist. I wish it were in a healthy way, but either way, my BMI is going to be a lot lower than that, I'm not sure what it is though as haven't weighed myself in a while....

Angel368

Congrats on losing so much weight @Petal, well done and keep it up.

I lost about that amount a few years ago by counting calories and walking 1mile 3 times a week. I used to really like walking but my motivation is low and anxiety high at the moment. I guess I don't want to be alone with my thoughts for too long.

Really like the frozen chocolate idea as chocolate is a real weakness for me.

Rebreb

I think a motivation thread would be cool. I'm not trying to lose weight but I need to get back on a healthy track and have no accountability at the moment.

I have a history of eating disorders and also experience in self-healing with nutrition so I've got a few tricks up my sleeve that have worked for me.

Ladybug19

My Bmi is 34. I'd like to lose 25 lbs which puts me on the border of overweight and obese. But it's attainable. It's not just losing the weight but eating healthy again. I lost 45 lbs when i was eating healthy. Gained back 25 of it. Honestly I've not been into dieting because i always seemed to gain weight if i tried a specific method.
I didn't know drinking cold water could increase your metabolism @Petal . That's doable.

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I want to lose 10kg, but that will only but me at 30
But a start is a start, you can so totally do this, would you consider joining a gym? I know it takes strength and willpower but you really can do this. Keep a diary of what you are eating daily and keep an exercise diary and I am sure you will be more motivated then when you read back on it. Best of luck.

Paco

Glad you found us!
Normal weight, but i guessed my weight...now i want to know...thanks, this was fun...i really try to take good care of myself again, now

Karlski

@Karlski Do you have an eating disorder or are you naturally underweight? Either way, we will try and help! :)
A bit of both really, I am slight but also have an eating disorder. Not really sure what makes it a 'disorder' other than the fact I hardly feed myself. Or I binge on shit food.

I'll make sure the characters in my computer game are fed before I take care of myself. Really dumb. I wonder why my heads full of shit and that's all I ever put into my body ;__;

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
Mine just went up to 32.9 now I know my real weight. 14 st 8 lbs, for a short arse like me, that's a bit much. Bye bye pizza, it was nice while it lasted. :(

Aye Petal, good idea. What did you have in mind?

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Just got weighed, I literally and seriously just lost 12lbs in a week and my bmi is gone down to 45.4 from 47.3 I am OVER THE MOON. I exercised every day for an hour and 30 mins most of this last week. had a private chat with the instructor and she reassured me that losing that much in one week is sorta normal for someone my weight and is really pleased with me.

Aye Petal, good idea. What did you have in mind?
Following a diet that involves porridge, fruit isn't a big part. Pears and kiwis are allowed.Unsalted nuts. Yogurt is allowed and certain soups, lean meats and vegetables (certain ones again), sugar free jelly and erm what else...salmon, any fish. No carbs in the evening and drinking lots of green tea even though I don't really like hot drinks but they have anti oxidants so I am religious with this diet plan and so happy after the first week. I see the personal trainer again on Saturday, can't wait :) There's more to it than that but I hope you understand it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00