What is your BMI?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Congrats, that is amazing.
  2. MarkahMalady

MarkahMalady Well-Known Member

Thanks. Drastic weight loss is possible by continually making the right choice, everyday, forever. The hard part is sticking to it once you've accomplished your goal. I've had to lose about 100 lbs TWICE because I'm an IDIOT. It's making me crazy. :D
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

No not an idiot. I have gone on strict diets earlier this year, lost too much weight and put it all back on of course, doesn't make us idiots, makes us learn from mistakes. I admire your determination to keep up the healthy eating lifestyle and keep the weight off. You are doing fantastic. Well done! :) 100lb is a LOT of weight. You should be proud of course if you are losing it healthily and in a good balance!
  4. Shyguy53

Shyguy53 Well-Known Member

17.5 bmi. I need to eat more probably.
  5. SiwynThona

SiwynThona New Member

43.3 currently. was 55.5 at my highest, apparently, which is scary.

Lost about 100lbs since then, but a long way to go yet.
    DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

Likely the same as it has been for a while. I want to get down to a normal range, so it would be around 145 or so. I hope to end up somewhere around there when I have lost the weight.
  7. Shyguy53

Shyguy53 Well-Known Member

100lb is a lot congrats! I hope you keep going.
  8. just_me_again

just_me_again Well-Known Member

30.38. I’m obese apparently. I’ve never felt like I was obese. That’s so strange.....
  9. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Keep in mind BMI does not take into consideration that muscles weighs more than fat. I would consult a doctor if you are worried.
  10. just_me_again

just_me_again Well-Known Member

Thank you! I was a little scared for a second there. I'm pretty muscular because my job has a lot of running around and heavy lifting so that probably explains it.
  11. littlelucy

littlelucy Well-Known Member

Right now mine is 22 and I want it to be 18.
  12. Flying Fox

Flying Fox SF Supporter

Just under 25.0, which I not unhappy about considering some of it are muscles put on by the rock-climbing but losing another 15-20lbs would be absolutely ideal. My doctor weighed me today without the wheelchair (50 lbs, goodness). I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my weight was 10 lbs less than I estimated. Unfortunately the semester started a week ago which means lots of sweets and high-calorie foods with my lack of will power lol. On the plus note I have been exercising more (weekly handcycling and monthly rock-climbing) and the school has opened a new Wellness center which I intend to investigate.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  13. Lynne1974

Lynne1974 Well-Known Member

I don't even want to calculate it. Let's just say I need to lose 55 pounds total. Apparently, as soon as you are 30 pounds or more overweight, you are considered morbidly obese. Totally insane. My family doctor prefers to focus on other numbers, like blood sugars, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. My stupid meds piss me off. They don't seem to work that well, and they have caused a ton of weight gain. And I have tried many different meds...
  14. Anne Charlotte

Anne Charlotte Forum Pro SF Supporter

21 or 22
    not sure
    avoid calculating as well
    makes to much noise in my head