what is your earliest childhood memory?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by oval, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oval

oval Well-Known Member

does anybody have memories from between 1-3 years of age?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Walking around in walker, well more like running, when I was about a year and a half old. Also remember teething and that I had a blue teething ring. I even remember potty training...wow I must have a good memory. I don't remember saying my first word, but I remember what I used to watch on TV, and the first book I read by myself, when I was three years old.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Lol I remember potty training too, I have no idea why!! :p I can also remember an incident when I was maybe 3 or 4... my parents divorced when I was 2, and it was pretty ugly. At one point, my dad came to pick me up unannounced, and my grandmother had been watching me. She wasn't comfortable with him taking me, so she was holding onto me, and he was pulling on my legs to try and free me from her hold. That was scary enough that it stood out in my memory.
  4. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I believe I do, I remember our house and steps, I also remember the people that Lived upstairs from us. I also remember how funny their house smelled. Not a good memory. I was bitten by a goose on my legs but I have always liked geese, Peter didn't bite me to hard I guess. My Gosh that was a long time ago
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oh my it must have been so scary hun :( I never knew that, I hope nothing bad ever happened after that, :(
  6. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Can't seem to think if it's a memory or what I've been told I did...

Pretty sure I don't remember sitting on a closed loo with mum in bath doing my times tables...
  7. milo001

milo001 Active Member

Yes,going to the departmental stores with my family. I was crying because my dad didn't bought me the soft toy that I want. And going to the amusement park(It's in a building though). Riding all sort of children rides. That was around 1990/1991 when I was only 2/3 years old. The clearest memory I had was the dreams I had around that time. It was quite real but nothing scary though.
  8. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

My earliest memory (that was good) is me sitting on my grandfathers lap watching hee haw with my thumb in my mouth holding the teddy bear he got me. I miss him so much :(
  9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Probably when I was five & my first day at infants school. When I left home our house was for sale but when I returned a sold sign was in the front garden. I ran back to school in tears (the school only being down the road hence my going on my own) thinking my parents had moved without me. It never occured to me to knock on the door. My teacher took me home and I was suprised to see my parents still living there despite the sold sign :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.