What is your foundation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My foundation is a rock; so I stand and pain and suffering or depression doesn't last very long. Because my foundation is a rock; I stand, but I must becareful and watch, because a man that think he stands, will definitely fall.

"Tough Time Never Last, Tough People Do" a statement from a good friend of mind from Ghana, Africa.

That message can be a foundation for your life also.

I promise you people that wants to kill themselves, do not.
Seek that which is good in this world, and you will have a good life.

Remember there will be always rain and thunders and lightnings, but the sun always rises, but then come the night, but the sun rises always.

Babies are born, as people die.

Seeds are grown, as fruits grow and fall and rot in the ground.

Erebos

My foundation is death. Knowing that one day, my time will come. One day, the sun will not rise for me. This is a certainty and thus the strongest foundation in existence. The thought comforts me.

Jodi

Staff Alumni
hey Sailor,

I like your friends quote from Ghana....I have some good friends from thier too...nice place...

P

ProzacDeathWish

My foundation is death. Knowing that one day, my time will come. One day, the sun will not rise for me. This is a certainty and thus the strongest foundation in existence. The thought comforts me.
I agree with your sentiments. Although I prefer to live a life without pain and turmoil, I know that for me, the only real solution will be death.

The well-intentioned words shared by Sailor although sincere, are to me nothing but superficial platitudes, much like the appeals of the religious posters on this forum who encourage us to turn our lives over to Jesus. They promise much but deliver little ( if anything )

I have never been impressed by motivational slogans, they irritate me as they are merely artificial contrivances designed to divert attention away from
reality.

The US Marines have a slogan " Pain is weakness leaving your body." I thought to myself, " Mr. Marine, if I shot you in the stomach with a 12. guage shotgun, would the pain that you felt be weakness leaving your body or......... would it actually mean that within a few seconds you will experience death?"

Sometimes words are just words.

M

MrDepressed

I come to believe that each and everyone one of us need to find our own thing that makes us feel good and to drive forward.. for me it is having goals as simple as gettin a new book, read some science stuff online, coming on here, seein and playing my babies, chattin with Immure, gettin back into school, see my doctor, etc, etc..

gentlelady

Staff Alumni
I am unsure of what is my foundation. I would have to say I know it is not a rock, because too many things have crumbled and washed away. Unless of course it is sandstone.

I think sometimes people get so lost in wondering what life is that they forget to just live. I dunno about anyone else but just relaxing and playing some music makes me feel great. Who says life has to be such a complicated thing? What if it's so simple it confuses us? What if we're just here to feel and make others feel? Sure it's pretty pointless, but do you need a point to be happy, just kinda being around a cheery person cheers you up sometimes, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00