What is your happiest memory?

This forum literally saved my life and I rarely visit anymore but after almost slipping back into my negative thoughts recently I realised a recent memory really helped and thought it would be interesting to hear other people's.
Anyway mine is a few months ago spending a night away at a sea side town with my wife and 4 year old son. My wife went to bed in the hotel as she was tired and me and my son decided to go and watch the sunset on the beach.
There was noone else around and we ran around chasing each other up and down the beach and in that moment nothing else mattered.
It probably doesn't sound that great to some people but that was genuinely the happiest moment of my life 😁.

I would love to hear yours.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
It probably doesn't sound that great to some people but that was genuinely the happiest moment of my life
I think that sounds like a truly beautiful memory.

Mine is holding my babies for the first time. It sounds cliché but I've never felt anything like it. All those years of wanting, those months of anticipation and all those hours of pain to finally hold the most precious prize I could ever imagine. I remember sitting on the edge of my bed in the maternity ward all night just watching them sleeping. I didn't want to miss a second of it.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Right after Jessica and I had "the conversation" about taking our friendship in a romantic direction.

She was living with her mother, who was out of town, so I went and crashed at her place. We spent a whole week holed up, smoking pot and watching movies and eating take-out and doing lots of what new couples do (sneaking off to the bedroom to rub our buttcheeks together, so intimate).

But there was one particular moment. We were in the kitchen and she was talking and I must have been just grinning like an idiot, like I do sometimes, because she stopped and made a face and hit me playfully in the chest and asked me what I was thinking about. And I just grabbed her and pulled her to me and kissed her.

And you know what she did? She pulled herself even closer and held me and kissed me back. It. Was. Awesome.

It had honestly just occured to me that that was something I could do now. And, believe me, I immediately started taking full advantage of that.

I can't pinpoint my best memory but most of them occurred probably between 5 to 7 years old for me. I hated preschool and was a loner even back then, but my mom appearing at the end of the day to pick me up was great. In 1990, summer when I'm six playing with the black lab in some dandelions; Ya it's kind of like a Little House on the Prairie moment(Did you have that in the UK?). First time getting high was good too, and my last day of high school.

This will sound harsh, but after that I wish someone would have <mod edit - guidelines> when I was riding my bike at 9 years old, because it's been downhill ever since. I've noticed on here that some people's best memory is the birth of their children, and I can understand that because it's a beautiful thing. But the flip side of that, is THAT is actually my worst fear; being directly responsible for bringing someone else into the world. I just can't believe the gap that exists between the two opposing viewpoints.

My greatest wish in this world is my death day. It sounds black, but I makes me very happy knowing that it's a given; it will happen soon enough. Again, it's like the contrast between people that can't get out of this world fast enough, and those who just can't stand the thought of their own demise. I liked being a child and had a pretty good childhood, so I guess that's why most of my good memories are from that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Right after Jessica and I had "the conversation" about taking our friendship in a romantic direction.

She was living with her mother, who was out of town, so I went and crashed at her place. We spent a whole week holed up, smoking pot and watching movies and eating take-out and doing lots of what new couples do (sneaking off to the bedroom to rub our buttcheeks together, so intimate).

But there was one particular moment. We were in the kitchen and she was talking and I must have been just grinning like an idiot, like I do sometimes, because she stopped and made a face and hit me playfully in the chest and asked me what I was thinking about. And I just grabbed her and pulled her to me and kissed her.

And you know what she did? She pulled herself even closer and held me and kissed me back. It. Was. Awesome.

It had honestly just occured to me that that was something I could do now. And, believe me, I immediately started taking full advantage of that.
I think I had the same dopey grin on my face at the moment I realized I could give her butt a squeeze too. Spent a lot of time (I was gonna say "over the next few days" but, honestly, this phase lasted the rest of our relationship) figuring out ways to sneak up behind her.

Shelly

SF Supporter
It has been crossing my mind since the half of august...
Christmas season in my small town...
The public market they put up in the center of the town...
Shops with all the Christmas decorations,
The shiny tinsels and their scent...
The cold air being gently warmth by the sun.

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
My childhood was bad just like most of the members here but despite all those, I did cherish every second of my life and made the most out of the worse ones even. I finally see it you know, like I don’t have to wait for a grand moment to love myself or enjoy life when I could enjoy life right now before its gone.

Kitty has the happiest memory everyday!

... Even when I was in crisis like last few weeks ago, I had to still focus on life and I’m filled with joy that there’s still friends real life who are willing to give me their emotional support to me other than crisis line. I want that and I made it work!

It feels real.

Last edited:

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Years ago I worked as a manager in an establishment open to the public. (I may have told this story before but worth telling again). I can't even remember what the celebration was for, my birthday or a fond goodbye when I decided to change my career, but it was a surprise party for me. I was really quite surprised when the cream pie came flying into my face. Evidently this is a known demonstration of affection. I also got a very touching card of appreciation and a cute little plush toy that I still have. That event still surpasses everything else in my life and is the single most powerful thing I have to remind me that it is possible for someone else to have good feeling toward me. Especially helpful right now. So glad I came across this thread. Thanks for posting it.😊

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have many good childhood memories but one that springs to mind right now is when I was attending summer camp. Care free and enjoyed every second without a worry in the world, damn, I wish I could relive it. Those were fun times, feeling so nostalgic right now.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm with the others here that holding my son when he was born was really up there in the top moments of life for me. He was a pretty cool thing right from the beginning.

I remember the amusement park when I was a teenager. Spending day after day there because we had passes that allowed us to go any time and just heading out for an evening to ride coasters or ride the water rides as a reprieve from the summer heat.

More recently my lovely wife has taken up space with some really great time in my head also. While meeting was nerve wracking there have been plenty of moments to follow that are unbeatable. Have coffee and tea with cake in the Christmas market in York or snuggling up close because we were freezing on a boat ride in Seahouses. I'll spare you the details of the kissing, unlike @Gonz (just teasing you, man)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00