What is your IQ?

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by Withdrawn, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

I wonder what IQ you have and how old you are.
    I'm 14 years old and have 116 in IQ. I think that is very bad but I don't know.

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Average is 100, standard deviation is 15-20 (I think?) depending on age; I don't know if you'd qualify as a child or adult. If IQ meant a damn thing, you'd be smarter than 67% of the population if you were an adult.

What's mine? I don't know, I don't want to know. Stupid is as stupid does.

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I find IQ tests to be kind of... I don't know... maybe bullshit.

As each IQ test is different, you could get a very different score on every test you ever do- but it's not a test of intelligence; it's a test of knowledge... that knowledge is not standardized in any way and differs from region to region- country to country- and each person's brain takes things in a bit differently-- it doesn't mean that a low IQ=stupid person but a 'high IQ'=person most likely from same region where the test was originally created.
    Something like that.

anyways... don't let a test tell you that you are stupid.
    Decide that for yourself and if you are worried-- just pay more attention to the lessons around you and work on yourself for your own sake.

4. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Dunno..never could finish the math parts xD

5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

No one believes me when I say this but I actually tested 151 when I was in the 3rd grade (ironically they gave me an IQ test because they thought I was slow) and I am 23 now, when I got older I was able to use that score to get into MENSA and all that other stuff, my parents entered me in chess tornements (I never got out of the second round, but I put up my share of fights), honestly a high IQ is wonderful and all but I think it is more important to be well read and truth be told between a steady amount of pot in college I would knock off 10 points just to be on the safe side. Also 116 is a good score there is nothing wrong with that, the average is 100, so you are well ahead of the curve.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010
  6. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

I actually got 137 on an IQ test.
    I don't think im that smart though.

7. Darkness Inside

Darkness Inside Account Closed

My IQ is 143, I was tested when I was young. And recent tests have said the exact same thing.

8. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I normally score between 135 and 143, on the "Official" BBC one though, I got 138. You wouldn't think it.

9. Doxic

Doxic Member

I'm a 142. Technically a genius, so I joined Mensa...Idk though, just seems like a game these days. It's outdated anyway. It was meant to properly assign French children into schools based on their level of retardation after the French Revolution rocked the school system or some bull like that. Don't pay too much attention to it. It doesn't mean jack...and I'm sure I've more than efficiently proved that through my ignorance of the exact history of IQ testing...lol.

10. gemini15

gemini15 Member

My IQ was tested as 164 - got into mensa - and for once in my life my family stopped treating me as stupid because I'm dyslexic and disabled - Shame it took until my 40th year for it to happen

11. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

My Iq is 95+5 which is average.

I had to take an iq test real one 6 yrs ago when 1st diagonesed with schizo.
    It was also stated that my results were highly unreliable due to cognitive impairment

12. Fever

Fever Member

Yeah IQ doesn't really mean much of anything, nothing to worry about either way. Abe Lincoln would be considered mentally retarded by modern standards.

13. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

125-135 general average is between these numbers

14. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Lol I don't know but I don't care too much either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.