What is your opinion on liars?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Annoyed, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annoyed

Annoyed Guest

So yeh, just wondered what your views of liars on this site was?

I'm not talking little lies, i'm talking bit, fat lies here.
  2. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

who do you expect to be lying?
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Make me feel ............... 'betrayed' if thats the word. If the lie was told to get attention then i think you should just ask for it. Theres no need to lie about your problems, people here will help you so in my opinion theres no need to lie at all. I have known people to lie on this site, sometimes i find it funny because things they say can be SO unbelievable and other times it pisses me off.

From the sound of it you feel angry about being lied to? Anyway i can help????

Take care of yourself :hug:
  4. Annoyed

Annoyed Guest

I don't expect anyone to lie, but I recently discovered someone from this site was lying on another site. I hope they haven't lied on here though. I've also been victim to some massive lies from people in real life as well as on other forums.

I really just wondered peoples opinions, that's all.
  5. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

well, i dunno, i guess i didnt expect anyone to lie but maybe some do to get attention. would be really disapponiting to find out tho coz everyone here trusts everyone w/ a lot of dark stuff. i dont think anyone would want that abused.
  6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I dislike liars intensely, especially if they're lying for attention.
  7. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Let he who has never told a lie cast the first stone. :eek:hmy:
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

There is no need to lie to people on here.
    We are all here to recieve help and support, and are all more than happy to help someone who needs us....why do people feel the need to lie to get help?? :unsure:
  9. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

People who are liars with intent but are under no influence are low but all other forms and types of lying i'm fine with.

Some do it for attention, which in reality is fine.
    Some do it because they want to seem better then what they think they are, in a way thats fine but it's a lot better to accept who you are and then work towards improving yourself.
    Compulsive liars are also ok overall, they just need help.

I never really feel betrayed when lied to, it's more, I want to understand what drove that person to lie to me then take things from there.
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

i suppose it depends on the lie and the effect it has on others. i find myself saying that I am fine quite often when I really am not. But if people make up things about being abused or lie intentionally to the point where others are hurt, I really despise that.
  11. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

well i think it would depend upon rather that person was lying recently on the other site or not.. people can change.. they could have been on another site a long time ago then change their ways when they came here for help...

i dislike liars , especially if they do it like for attention or to gain something for them , in other words be selfish, etc.. and i have to be honest and admit that i dislike myself a lot because i am one person that did come from another site that had told things in my past that were half-truths and lies.. and though i have changed that part of my life will forever haunt me.. and i am ashamed of myself for it.. but God helped me to change and i am sure whoever it is they can be helped by God also ( if they believe in God ) .. if they are still doing it then i would ask them in a pm if possiable and call them on the lie and ask why they did it, etc..

I was lied to on here.. it hurt me bad too cause i had thought someone had passed away and i had cried all night that night, couldnt sleep and then learned that they were still alive.. it hurt because i cared for them and trusted them but i forgave him ( more then once ) but yet you got to forgive before God can forgive you.. that is so hard to do sometimes when you been hurt a lot.. i like to think of Paul.. although he didnt lie but killed christians which is a lot worse , yet God changed him and he became one of the greatest teachers and preacher of all time.. so God changes things.. well he did for me.. just wish my past would never haunt me again but i know it will always be thrown up in my face..however , what others see me as does not matter but what God sees does..He changed me.. he can change the one you speak of also.. if you ever need to talk about anything just pm me..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.