What is your pattern?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pinkpetals33, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone....

WELCOME TO THE ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD.

I know that we all have difficulty with the pattern of depression and how it paralyzes us and our day. I was thinking that since with DEPRESSION, one of the overall features is lack of interest and doing nothing, we can make this thread an ACCOUNTABLITY thread to ouselves to do at least something each day. Do something different.....do something a different way.....

It doesn't have to be something outrageous like "going to a party" or went on " 5 mile run" it could be as significant as " went for 5 minute walk " or " read a new book for 2 mintues."

These small yet significant changes help us to create our own self authority, accountability and participate in LIFE !!!!

Imagine....if you can get thru 10 seconds......60 second....5 minutes....then move forward to the next.....

ACCOUNTABILITY THEME SONG "I GOT A FEELING....."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aSbKvm_mKA&feature=related

2. pinkpetals33

So today, I forced outside in the rain, cold and wind. Went for a 1 hour walk/jog. Went to the healthfood store to do some shopping. Tonite I plan on evening walk.....my time to think about "Brad."

3. pinkpetals33

I'm going to the bookstore. Forcing myself to go...put my sunglasses on so I don't have to look at people but at least I'll be out there doing something....

4. thenegative1

thenegative1 Member

I watched a different show on t.v.....

5. pinkpetals33

I ATE 2 grapes and cried for an hour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I bought an xbox and found I am disappointed in it..

7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I need to fix my sleeping habits, sleeping late and waking up late and taking naps in the afternoon. I keep telling myself this but never get around to doing this. Its not nice to make a promise to yourself and then break it. Its at least one small thing I can do right now. There's way too many things, too many steps I need to take before I become "normal" again.

8. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

I wish I could do something about my sleeping habits. I just don't want to go to bed. I'm down to about 4 hrs a night, sometime less.

9. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

i forced myself to go to easter camp i even talked to people i hadnt met before!!

10. pinkpetals33

Awesome!!!

I drove to some beautiful trails and listening to Lady Ga Ga "Paparazzi"
    Maybe a little dancing later.....oh in the privacy of my own place!

11. thenegative1

thenegative1 Member

I've done the lamest thing imaginable by becoming someone else in a video game.... I'm a walking talking sword wielding thief kitty in a game called Oblivion.... I made a custom class for my character and called it kitty. I admittedly smiled when the game prompted, "are you sure you want to be a kitty?" Now I can escape life as long as there is shit to do in the game...yay.

12. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

i cleaned house. still not done but got more accomplished than i had thought i would. then went and had a couple of beers with friends.

13. pinkpetals33

Grrrrrr, I will clean today too....you got me!

14. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I like this thread.

I am gonna clean my bedroom tonight and call in the monies I am owed too.

Thanks for the kick in the butt.

15. pinkpetals33

Yehawwwwwwwwww Bambi is here!!!!!

Yipeeeee, I'm going to take the trash out.....WOW!

16. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I did my first voluntary shift at a British Red Cross store. It was only two hours but I felt so much better for it because it got me out of the house and doing something constructive.
    I'm looking forward to my second shift next Monday. :)

17. pinkpetals33

Aurora chickadee~ congrats on your voluntary work!!!!! Cool beans~it's kinds nice to get fresh air :)P
    I'm always amazed when I go outside and think WOW....air.
    I forgot to mention, I TOOK A SHOWER YESTERDAY!!!
    Tonite, clean and organize "stuff"

18. pinkpetals33

Okay okay, laundry for the first time in 3 weeks !!!!!

One up that my good friends :-D

19. pinkpetals33

I drove to the local second hand store and donated two bags of stuff.

20. pinkpetals33

I have 1 question

DID YOU CLEAN YOUR ROOM BAMBI? :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.