What is your purpose?

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Inspire&Inquire, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

What purpose do you have in life? What do you seek to achieve?

2. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

I’m often asked the question when fishing,“any luck?” I always reply that I don’t trust luck. The definition of luck is:

A purposeless, unpredictable and uncontrollable force that shapes events favourably or unfavourably.

I know for an absolute fact that my life is not purposeless. That events are controlled. That favourable outcomes, although nice, are not the designated end of all events that occur in the sphere of time . Having been given a knowledge of what the end is, all events are not only purposed, but have a reason and therefore a predictable end.

I don’t believe that circumstances are ruled by luck, be it good, or bad luck. Luck is the refuge of the superstitious masses who must either blame or pretend to be grateful.

Inspire&Inquire likes this.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I only have one purpose which is to the impossible promise and nothing more. I really care for the hurt I caused to the third party still now even though there was no future. I could pick up the phone but I would not want cause any unnecessary stress but just suffer in silence as I care so much for the hurt I geninuely caused.

I hope they read these words I write as geninue remorseful words and not lies. I deeply care and I hope they are following their dreams whilst I live their nightmare which I deserve.

4. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I have no purpose. That's what drives me crazy. I'm useless.

5. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

To attain God realisation.

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

A lot of people I know feel this way. It doesn't mean you're useless. It just means you're still figuring it out like most of us are. I've always struggled with this question, and 27 years of life and I still don't have a good answer.

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not really sure yet, but I will figure that out in time.

8. suzi

suzi Well-Known Member

9. suzi

suzi Well-Known Member

are you Christian?

10. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

That would depend on what you understand by the word christian suzi. I'm not being clever or evasive, but I feel the need for accuracy in matters of understanding.

11. suzi

suzi Well-Known Member

Could you write them and ask for forgiveness? And then KNOW in your heart that God forgives the repentent because he paid the price. He can redeem you, if you want it.
    (Everybodys screws up majorly.)

12. suzi

suzi Well-Known Member

I ask because you said you had been a knowledge of what the end is.

13. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

I have been converted and so my soul has been saved and I know the forgiveness of sin. I am a Messianist, because it was the sacrifice of The Messiah that enabled redemption.
    Christ is a Greek word that means anointed, but the Greeks gave this title to all their idols. Messiah is a transliterated title which means The Anointed of Yah Veh.
    Messiants are all those that trust in Messiah.

Yes suzi I know what the chief end of all men is. All circumstances and events have the same end. Do you know?

14. Unknown_111

I agree with your statement but I feel so down that I have to decided suffer everyday as its right thing to do. I hurt the third party a lot and I never meant to. I did something stupid and even the cards are stacked against me and I hold a losing deck, I want to help others with my experience. Helping others makes me come to terms with I became and that I don't want add any more ill feelings or duress to the third party. I feel what I did was inhumane but I would never betray what I was told.

I feel if I don't betray this person, the third party will realise I did care about their feelings and still do this day even though there is no future between us. I hope the third party is smiling and happy. For me that it's justice instead knowing I suffer the darkness everyday for the rest of life and that they living their dreams like I stated to them to do so.

I hate myself that much that until I am forgiven by the third party I must feel the hurt I caused for my life. That is my redemption to the third party as I still care about the inhumane way I made that person feel. The third party had some much trust in me that I think they would trust me with their life. I so down every time I think about I came it's only right I suffer everyday. To me it's the right thing to do. If I did say sorry,
    I would never think it's be remorseful enough. Even though I severed any communication with the third party, I am a totally changed person from the experience and life lesson.

The only way, I can redeem myself by doing the impossible promise as nothing else matter. Pardon my French, I was a piece of scum to the third party and deserve to suffer like one for the rest of my life whilst I give back on this site. Then others will read this and realise what I do now is signs of being remorseful.

I will not be forgiven but without this site, I would be here typing out this post. I cry tears of hurt whilst I write this but I will keep my vow of silence as I am committed to.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I hope you surviving in your life and most important be safe.

15. suzi

suzi Well-Known Member

I grew up in the presbyterian church. We used the Westminister Shorter Catechism: "The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
    I will have to look up Messianist as I am unfamiliar. But I love hearing about people's different faith journeys.

16. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

You'll find reference to Messiah in Daniel 9:25 & 26 Also John 1:41 & 6:25 KJV.

17. suzi

suzi Well-Known Member

18. suzi

suzi Well-Known Member

That's such a heartbreaking post. Please let me say one thing again. When we hurt someone or "sin" we do deserve to suffer eternally,but Jesus paid the price for our sins so we don't have to. WE ARE FORGIVEN. You can live in forgiveness. Sorry if I sound pushy.

19. Unknown_111

I thank you for your honesty and opinion. It just how my personal ideology works. Until I am forgiven by the third party I must continue to suffer the darkness as my hearts of hearts I care enough to continue but I just punish myself for hurting this fellow human being who believed and let me into her inner sactum. I cannot break that bond as I would never betray this person even though I suffer daily in anguish.

I am person of conviction and when I say I will do something, I DO IT. I completed the original "the promise" which caused me nearly to take my life. So having done the original "promise" I will at any cost achieve the impossible "promise". People need to understand what I went through and realise without any malice or no revenge planned that I kept my words. Like I keep saying " Promises are Kept and Never Broken". I sound like a heavily scratched 45 rpm vinyl playing but I did I was told to do, apologised by leaving communication and kept away as requested. This has been very traumatic life experience to which it has taught me that life is more important than money. Money might bring materalistic happiness but.... YOU ARE BORN WITH NOTHING AND WHEN YOU GO YOU GO WITH NOTHING.

When it's my time to go through the hands of others or naturally, I want to leave a legacy here for others to read and learn that you can over the most traumatic life experience and they is no need to resort to the act of the "final committment".

If my story remains on this forum and untold to others, then at least if I saved one life then I have served a purpose in my life whilst I walk the darkness everyday of my life but helping others on the way.

I hope you understand my ideology and sorry if I put you to sleep with this long read.

MY IDEALOGY IS LIFE IS IMPORTANT WHETHER YOU ARE RICH OR POOR. WHAT COUNTS IS WHAT'S IN THE HEART AND NOT DOLLAR BILLS. DOLLAR BILLS HELP YOU TO SURVIVE BUT DOES NOT ALWAYS BRING YOU HAPPINESS.

20. suzi

suzi Well-Known Member

That's such a heartbreaking post. Please let me say one thing again. When we hurt someone or "sin" we do deserve to suffer eternally,but Jesus paid the price for our sins so we don't have to. WE ARE FORGIVEN. You can live in forgiveness. Sorry if I sound pushy.
    Okay. I respect you.