What I've noticed...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by mpang123, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I just want to share what I observe about the dynamics of this forum. I noticed the severe mood fluctuations in many of the members here. It starts out that the person struggling receives support from peers and is satisfied with the response and "hangs in there". But then, all of a sudden, the member giving the support becomes a victim to the same feelings and thoughts of the person that he/she helped. I, myself, have my mood swings where one minute I can be so helpful and inspired and then my mood changes and I'm depressed and suicidal again. Am I being triggered by being on the forum? I hope not for this forum has given me a lot to think of, both positives and negatives of myself as I learn more about myself. I don't ever want to offend anybody so I have to be careful what I post. But I gain a lot from here and will probably still share my stuff unless I have nothing else to say...Ha!

2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

People need to be deligent with how much they frequent this forum. But the same should be applied to anything. It's just a matter of appriciating what this forum is all about, then the unique individual issues that come with each post on here. Submerging yourself in depressive situations is not easy, even if they are other peoples issues. It ranges more on indirect association when it comes to depressive topics. Sometimes the reality of a situation can chip away at your own energy, especially when you are posting.

Just, be sensible. If you start feeling off when reading someone elses threads or posts, take a break :) Go do something that's for you and makes you feel better. The forums supposed to be a positive influence for everyone. And in anycase, forums and things like that are just "ideas" or expressions. But they aren't exactly real change, which is what can concrete a positive effect in life. So dwelling in them for too long can be counter productive in some situations. It's just finding your own balance I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.