What keeps up here...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cancelMe, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cancelMe

cancelMe Member

I know what's keeping me here but at the same time I know it's not enough. I've lived long enough to know I'm a failure with no relationships. I'm only 'happy' when I'm tipsy...at least that's fun. I hate the world for what society had made it to be, selfish greed wins every time, fake smiles, judgements are given. People are measured in dollar signs...

What's keeping you here?

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm pretty much the same, only happy when I'm drinking...that's not true happiness, but I guess it does help sometimes. The only thing that keeps me here is the hope that I really will be happy in the future, that things will get better, and I can have everything I've ever wanted in life. If I didn't have any hope, I would be gone already.

3. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Im sorry your feeling that way cancelMe the world is a very spiteful and difficult place most of the time. Things that are keeping me here is hope that my future will be better and get me away from everything. My pets keep me here as well as some special friends and family

4. cancelMe

cancelMe Member

Less and less is keeping me here...all passions died a long time ago. At least there are sandwiches...

5. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

A good sandwich might be the most underrated comfort food that there is. I'm serious!

I'm sorry to hear about how you're feeling, though, but as you can see you're not alone in that. When I was at my lowest, what kept me around was the guilt of what burdens I would bring upon my family and loved ones, and also I would echo what Witty said earlier…I had this tiniest glimmer of hope that things would get better eventually, even though at the time that idea wasn't logical. Things did get better, but a lot of it was out of the blue. Now, if I ever get that low again I know that there is always a possibility of things getting better. I hope you and anyone else here that is still holding onto that same hope I once had will find what you're looking for. All I can tell you is that it is possible.

Pulling for you!

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't measure people in dollar signs! I measure people based on their personality,honesty and trust.

What's keeping me here

I am mainly over my depression stage now but when I was suicidal what kept me here was a very serious failed suicide attempt, that was a big wake up call. My family keeps me here, this site keeps me here, nature, just looking up at the sun! It's the little things in life :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.