What keeps you ALIVE Today?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by yous, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yous

yous Well-Known Member

How do you maintain your 'happiness'? 'Happiness' being a sensitive term to a lot of us that we can't relate. But yet all of you are here and so there must be something, anything that is keeping you alive and the down days at bay.

What is it that everyone does everyday in order to cope? People go through many psychologists with no solution to the problem. Is there a cure? How does one keep going day after day feeling like this? There are days I feel I just can't take it anymore. Then I see people are in the same situation and if not worse. Talking helps, but I also feel miserable talking about my problems. I feel my depression is keeping me from moving forward and sometimes I feel ashamed I'm wasting my own time when I can be somebody, but I can't. I feel empty inside.

I have taken pills, seeked some help, tried new experiences(that failed), did what I could in my own little world to make it through, but I don't know anymore. The huge darkness is just so powerful!

Please how do some of you survive depression???
  2. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Day by Day
    Hour by Hour
    Moment by Moment

That's how i survive it. :smile:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

take what is infront of me and deal with it and if i can't i go to bed and sleep until i have energy to deal with it. i go minute by minute and on good days day by day. get sleep eat right call doctor when not well it is so hard i know the darkness i am there now but it is knowing that it won't stay is what keeps me going.
  4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

the only 2 things keeping me going right now is SF (especially Sam and a couple others) and my Daughter. Obviously my daughter is the biggest factor...
  5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

1.) I don't keep my method in the house (I have to drive 30-45 minutes to get it for time to change my mind, so that I don't act on impulse), 2.) I come on here (which I don't know why because no one cares about me here) and tell how I feel to put it on the record, and 3.) I have some kind of hope that things can get better in time... I have things I want to accomplish and experience before I die, even though I know I probably never will. That's about it.

I don't really have a reason to live, I just convince myself that things are happening the way they're meant to happen. But mainly just because I keep thinking that things will get better.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  6. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

drinknig. nto the smartest thing to say i know but the thought of that next drink keeps me going.

short term iknow but itsbettr than nothing atm.
  7. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

a few very good people....
  8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: josh
  9. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Fear of failing!!
  10. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

knowing that 9th time's not the 'charm' -____-
  11. Kugatsu

Kugatsu Active Member

The only thing that keeps me around anymore is the knowledge that I haven't done everything that I can do yet.

I'm not going to get far ahead in anything important in life, but there are still things that I can try even now, maybe even moreso now because I have no real future that I can direct my energy into other useless things. Instead of saving and trying to pay off debts that can't be paid off, I can put my money and energy into guitar lessons, try voice acting, pour more of myself into things that I've been holding back because I thought I could save money a realistic dream. Now that it's become unrealistic, I have no actual future, but I might as well do everything else now.

I suppose once I'm done and I realize I truly can't get anywhere no matter what, then, the end.
  12. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I'd have to say discipline. If I allow myself to get frustrated over the bad cards I have been dealt in so many areas of life I go into depression. If I don't practice perfect sleep hygiene techniques I will barely sleep and worsen my depression. If I don't exercise vigorously and regularly my depression will overtake me.

I have to maintain a very disciplined, healthy lifestyle and keep battling depression inducing thoughts. It's exhausting. :sad:
  13. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

I guess I still feel like I have the world at my fingertips, and that I haven't failed yet. I haven't been to Europe, I haven't left college and ventured out into the world, I haven't experienced that great love yet....but once all of those things are said and done, if I'm still profoundly sad....well.....I'm not sure what I'll do. But I do sleep better at night knowing that suicide is always an option if it gets to be too much.... :(
  14. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

nothing like always today is the same as everyday awaiting death wishing i would have a very painfull heart attack shouldn't take to much one side of my heart is in larged and skips beat >,.,< break you bastard
  15. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

not sure right now...
  16. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Forbidden pleasures :D and people i've talked to
  17. plates

plates Well-Known Member

my anger.

and good self care, and i mean good. lots of sleep and time to recover. and every time i'm recovering i'm learning something new, and my instinct- meaning survival instinct to move myself out of danger and that heightened perception gets stronger, rather than that floaty dissocative amnesia fog that i don't get anymore.
  18. serena

serena Well-Known Member

panera bread. seriously going there is the reason i get up and get dressed
  19. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

I know this is serious, but it cracked me up because I fucking love Panera bread too. I had problems sleep for an entire month earlier this semester, and a few times that I stayed up all night, I'd get dressed and head out at 7am and go to Panera and eat by myself. It was lovely.
  20. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

For the most part, its cowardice. I'm afraid of what the afterlife holds, if or if there isn't one. I'm also afraid of having a failed attempt.

But if I found out that I was doing to die tomorrow, I wouldn't mind. Just make it quick and painless and I'm good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.