What keeps you alive?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mikest8, Jun 6, 2011.

?

What keeps you from committing suicide?

1. Fear of faliure and beeing prejudiced (Brain damage, coma, mutilation...)

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Concern about relatives and friends

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Lack of method

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Frightening, panic, lack of courage... (Assumes that already have a method)

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Nothing, I'm helping people here

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. Other (Describe at posts, please)

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikest8

mikest8 Member

Comments will also be welcome.

2. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

i voted for other.

1. my music and my poetry

and 2. knowing that somewhere their are people like me, and i'm not alone

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

fear of being mutilated to the point where i wouldnt be able to attempt again.

and a lack of acceptable methods.

not much else stops me. if i could wipe out those two things i'd have a date ;)

4. emotional_girl

emotional_girl Well-Known Member

At the risk of being too religious on here, my honest reason for not killing myself is that I'm afraid that if I take my own life, what comes next will be worse than this life.

5. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

im here helping (i hope), but when im down its defiantly my family that makes me keep it in my head as a fantasy..

6. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Being in shock.

I'm still in shock. When i come out of it, then will it be time. Perhaps i need someone to throw ice water on me.

7. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

My fiancee and my mother. What happens to them if I do it? How much pain are they going to have to go through because of what I did? Asking myself those questions makes me keep those thoughts at bay. If I ever lost my fiance though and something happened to my mom, I'm definitely dead.

8. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

im just a coward and cant do it . i have methods and everything but cant be a man and do it

i even fail at failing life!

9. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I put lack of courage, but it's also my family. I wish there was a way of getting out that wouldn't hurt them.

10. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I have multiple reasons but chose other because my biggest reason for still being here is my dog. I know that might sound silly... but she pines for me if I'm away from her for a week. I can't imagine what she'd do if I were gone for good. The closest I ever came to going through with it... I snapped out of it when she scratched at my door.

My other reason is fear of failure.

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

concern about relatives and friends

12. distress

distress Well-Known Member

Music, Seems like a great temporary escape. So agreed with the masked depressant

13. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

The fact that i have been given a second chance to sort my life out, also there is no way i would want anyone to have to find me

14. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

other. It's two things, mood dependent.

During my better moments: Unfinished business. Unfulfilled potential. Possibility of recovery.

During the low points: I don't care about any of the aforementioned. At these times I suppose the answer is procrastination.

15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I can't do it because of my daughter and grandaughter.. My daughter is suicidal also,..She would follow my foot steps.. That would leave my grandaughter alone..

16. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

It is only a biological drive for me. It has been decided that this life would be wasted since i was born. Being on the forums maybe, music, chess online... my life is more or less this.

17. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

Right now it's my psychologist. She gave me an ultimatum and although it's tough I'm doing what I can to fully cooperate with her. I really don't want to lose her support.

18. kote

kote Account Closed

my kids and only my kids!!!
    no matter how bad it gets i have to swim through the shit to the other side as i have to be there for them.
    its not just about having both parents as my wife would do a great job, but its about the days when they need me and only me. in the future im sure they will make life mistakes and i want to be there no matter what to say its all ok and not to worry you have family who love you and will do anything for you.
    i medicate and try my best so they wont have to suffer or feel pain. id take their pain any day!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.