What keeps you alive?

What keeps you from committing suicide?

• Fear of faliure and beeing prejudiced (Brain damage, coma, mutilation...)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Concern about relatives and friends

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Lack of method

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Frightening, panic, lack of courage... (Assumes that already have a method)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Nothing, I'm helping people here

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other (Describe at posts, please)

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolonger

fear of being mutilated to the point where i wouldnt be able to attempt again.

and a lack of acceptable methods.

not much else stops me. if i could wipe out those two things i'd have a date ;)

emotional_girl

At the risk of being too religious on here, my honest reason for not killing myself is that I'm afraid that if I take my own life, what comes next will be worse than this life.

Monoka

im here helping (i hope), but when im down its defiantly my family that makes me keep it in my head as a fantasy..

Banned Member
Being in shock.

I'm still in shock. When i come out of it, then will it be time. Perhaps i need someone to throw ice water on me.

TooShyToScream

My fiancee and my mother. What happens to them if I do it? How much pain are they going to have to go through because of what I did? Asking myself those questions makes me keep those thoughts at bay. If I ever lost my fiance though and something happened to my mom, I'm definitely dead.

Growing Pains

I have multiple reasons but chose other because my biggest reason for still being here is my dog. I know that might sound silly... but she pines for me if I'm away from her for a week. I can't imagine what she'd do if I were gone for good. The closest I ever came to going through with it... I snapped out of it when she scratched at my door.

My other reason is fear of failure.

Mr Stewart

other. It's two things, mood dependent.

During my better moments: Unfinished business. Unfulfilled potential. Possibility of recovery.

During the low points: I don't care about any of the aforementioned. At these times I suppose the answer is procrastination.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I can't do it because of my daughter and grandaughter.. My daughter is suicidal also,..She would follow my foot steps.. That would leave my grandaughter alone..

Marco

It is only a biological drive for me. It has been decided that this life would be wasted since i was born. Being on the forums maybe, music, chess online... my life is more or less this.

Kaish

Right now it's my psychologist. She gave me an ultimatum and although it's tough I'm doing what I can to fully cooperate with her. I really don't want to lose her support.

kote

Account Closed
my kids and only my kids!!!
no matter how bad it gets i have to swim through the shit to the other side as i have to be there for them.
its not just about having both parents as my wife would do a great job, but its about the days when they need me and only me. in the future im sure they will make life mistakes and i want to be there no matter what to say its all ok and not to worry you have family who love you and will do anything for you.
i medicate and try my best so they wont have to suffer or feel pain. id take their pain any day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00