what keeps you from ending it all?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by asvt, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

What keeps you people from ending it all, what motivates you to carry on, how do you deal with your suicidal thoughts, why do you carry on?
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I deal with them my cutting or planning my death.
    What keeps me from doing it, is that I'm too chicken to do anything.....yet.
    Plus I live in hope, hope that a miracle might happen and change my life...hah
  3. hold onto that belief that a miracle will come,
    hope is the best thing you can have
    i think its hope that probably hepls us all
  4. patodemuerte

patodemuerte Well-Known Member

what keeps me from offing myself.
    at this point my reason is quite vain.
    my mother and I got matching tattoos, hers turned out worse than she expected so we're going to get them retouched in about a week. thats whats keeping me here at this point. I figured, if i died before that happened she'd be so heartbroken she'd leave the tattoo the way it is as a remembereance to me, so the least i can do is leave her with something beautiful.

And the thought of killing myself is so surreal...I dont imagine myself doing it even though Im confident that's how I will die. I'm not quite sure how to explain this. But for now i will leave you with my vain reason for living today.
  5. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

nothing anymore 3 days of shere hell i am going to take matters into my own hands literally i have had enough
  6. Half Zellet

Half Zellet Member

Nothing now. I tried waiting a week and if I had one doubt wait till the next week. No boubts this week. My last day on earth today. Then alone tomorrow for my birth/deathday
  7. trickortreat

trickortreat Member

For me there's three reasons currently.
    Firstly, I am terrified of what it would do to my parents who have already lost one child (though not to suicide). I am obviously planning to write in my note that it's not their fault and that I'm doing this absolutely selfishly and they should forget about me, but realistically I know they will blame themselves. I can't imagine what it would do to my much younger brother either.

Secondly it may seem petty and inconsequential but I can't bear the thought of people talking about me. I can imagine exactly what they would all be saying. I don't want to be a "tragic story". I just want to be forgotten.

The final reason is my somewhat lingering religious beliefs. I was catholic most of my life. Although I'm fairly sure I don't believe in a God any longer, there's still a small element of doubt and, if I'm honest, I'm terrified of coming face-to-face with "Him".
  8. Luna_Lovegood

Luna_Lovegood Member

The stupid notion that it might all be better some day; oh - and I wanna see what happes next on Greys Anatomy. :|
  9. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

I know what you guys mean by hope but mine has slowly diminished over the years and i just don't know what to do anymore.
  10. Mew

Mew Active Member

Haven't found a good way to go.
  11. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

It used to be some hope of a couple of things working out..... Starting to lose that hope completely again.... Coming into a dangerous time I think.
  12. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

What keeps me from ending it all is, self belief, hope but with in that hope there is a strong determination and motivation to live and to make my own life, to achieve my own goals. Also I have self confidence in my abilities. No matter what happens, I will never give up.
  13. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

dreams coming true
  14. everybodyhurts

everybodyhurts Active Member

The bloody police confiscated all my sleeping pills:mad:
  15. danni

danni Chat Buddy

The future..
  16. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

My intelligence.........though it drives me to believe that I'm insane sometimes :unsure:
  17. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

Not managed to find a way to do it quickly and 100% effective.
    It won't take long though - my situation is getting worse as the days go by.
    I'm unemployed and have made several attempts to get a good job since I lost one early this crap 2007.
    If a good job opportunity will not arrive by the end of this month - one I'm really hoping for which I won't get unlucky as I am - then I'll take the matters in to my own hands and put a stop to my shit life.

I doubt anyone will cry over me.
    Perhaps my sister and my parents would cry, but overall I think it will be a relief for them half as much as it will be for me.

People are useless, not a single shit of a friend helped me out, I lost contacts and when I have been in need there's never been anyone to give me a little moral support. Nothing.

I don't believe in friendship.
    Friends are fake.
    I on the other hand, throughout my whole life have helped people out, friends or strangers, doesn't matter, always gave 100% if not 200%.

I'm in a shit situation where the only thing that would put a stop to my suicidal planning would be getting the job I'm hopelessly desperate to get.

Failing that fuck off world for ever.
  18. ih8u

ih8u Active Member

afraid of waking up
  19. everybodyhurts

everybodyhurts Active Member

Nothing now

The police confiscated my bottle of sleeping pills but I just found them,they must have given to my husband to keep safe:biggrin:

The next crap day and it's back to my choice:seeyou:
  20. nunziosoprano

nunziosoprano Member

I haven't killed myself yet because whenever I go to the roof of my 3 story building and I am about to jump I always back out like a coward at the last minute. So I haven't killed myself yet because I haven't got the kahunas (atleast for the time being) not because I still think there is any hope left in my worthless pathetic life. Though I am hoping I can eventually lose that fear and go all the way. That is pretty much my main goal in life now is to lose that fear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.