What keeps you from talking in the SF chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boo

I see people log into the chat but never say a word. I'm one of them, sometimes. Sometime i just want to hear people talk. Get my daily dose of human contacts... Sometimes i feel like a broken record when i do talk about myself. I also noticed that many just refuse to have anything to do with chat and stick to the forum. I used to swear by the chat, but now mostly stick to the forum itself. I prefer the slower pace of it.

So what keeps you from participating in the chat? or don't care for it at all?

aoeu

I'm not very good at talking to people so I don't really try anymore, and that includes going to the chat... Getting my chat privileges reinstated was really just a waste of time.

flyingdutchmen

seing other people with somewhat similair problems and depression still being able to have a decent conversation about god and the world gives a bit of hope for myself. only done it once though

Vanquished

sometimes i just don't feel like saying anything it's not really because i don't have something useful to share and i never feel ashamed of what i say actually if someone doesn't like what i say they don't have to listen. i usually do totally believe this...just sometimes silence is where it's at...then there are other times like today when one just can't get me to shut up although these days are terribly rare to this extreme if that's encouraging at all. most of the time i do enjoy just being a part of and contributing new thoughts for people to consider. it's all so cool to me. really depends mainly i think just how tired i am honestly. lol please take care

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
Three thoughts:

1) I wish I could chat with people. Basically I talk shite. I spend ages creating a response, and then when I post it I have to edit it 20 times before I delete it. How the hell am I going to talk 'real time'?

(I've deleted the rest of the post)

Last edited by a moderator:

friendless

I have social anxiety and can only handle talking to a couple of people at a time. Perhaps I should log on to chat more often, maybe it will help me get over being anxious. I've managed to log on in the past, but only when there were about 8 others and never more than 13. Lately there have been over 20 and I've just been staying away.

boo

Three thoughts:

1) I wish I could chat with people. Basically I talk shite. I spend ages creating a response, and then when I post it I have to edit it 20 times before I delete it. How the hell am I going to talk 'real time'?

(I've deleted the rest of the post)
I know what you mean!

cloud9

There's really only one person I talk to on SF. If she's on I talk to her. If she's not, I normally don't talk. Too many bloody assignments these days loll.

KittyGirl

apparently I offend people when I go into chat; talking about random things... floating into possible triggers without realizing it.
Also- I swear alot.
That's just the way I talk...
I edit most of my posts so that there isn't so much cursing; but in chat- I swear like a sailorrrrr! Can't really help it... that's honestly just the way I talk.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Apparently even when talking to people online, my social anxiety doesn't go down. Also I don't know as many of the people that go in chat as I used to when I frequented more often.

Zurkhardo

I've never really tried it. The one time I did it was a pretty nice experience and everyone was friendly, so I so far see no reason not to try it more.

I'm not comfortable with groups, both online and in real life I always end up observing everyone rather then joining in the conversation. 1 on 1 I could talk someones ear off though XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00