What keeps you going?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Escape_Artist, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escape_Artist

Escape_Artist Member

What keeps me going?

In short: Music, Art, Cars, Sex, Substance abuse... And on rare, beautiful occasions the immense wonder of nature.

I can't talk freely about the most poignant of these in detail, since they break site rules. All I can say is that I am one ****ed up individual who does a lot of things they shouldn't, some openly and some privately. Am I ashamed? Perhaps, but only in my own eyes. Sometimes the devil inside keeps you alive. There is no rhyme or reason to it, only the sweet embrace of escapism and the heady heights of hedonism.

I am smart enough to know better. I see the path forward yet so frequently walk backwards, immediate self preservation becomes justification for slow, steady debilitating destruction.

Red Nightmare likes this.
  2. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Right now nothing. It is a struggle just to get out of bed in the morning. I know I should not feel this way yet unfortunately I do. Oh well at least I made it to morning.

3. Escape_Artist

Escape_Artist Member

One day at a time.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

People who are important to me, like my friends and my nephew. I still have hope that things can get better, or else I feel I would have given up a long time ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.