What kind of guys do ladies really like?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Anonymous2, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

What kind of guys do ladies really like?

I only ask because I find that many ladies around my age (25) are with players (womanizers). I’ve always wondered if this is due to the fact that ladies prefer players or the fact that players are simply good at manipulating women.

My theories.

1. Many women do NOT prefer players,… but players are more aggressive than nice-guys. They aggressively pursue relationships and lie and manipulate to get what they want. Players don’t feel anxiety around ladies because they don’t really care about what women think. There main goal is sex as oppose to love. This shallow goal makes it much easier for them to approach women without fear. The player’s ability to lie, impresses ladies because they are unaware of the player’s flaws. They also are unaware that the player is a player because he manipulates the woman into believing whatever he wants….So deep down many ladies really do NOT want players but end up in relationships with them because they are more aggressive, seem more available, and are good deceivers.

2. Many women do prefer players. Many women say they want a nice-guys but they really want a relationship with a player. They like the arrogance, excitement, and unpredictable nature of a player. Players are sometimes physically attractive, so that is enough for women to become interested. They dislike nice-guys because they want serious relationships…where as many women are just looking for a man to hang-out with and have sex with. Many women don’t want to commit and they like a man who cares more about himself than others. They also dislike the fact that nice-guys will speak of love early in the relationship and want to spend a lot of time around their sweetheart. Many women dislike men who express emotion because they feel emotional talk is effeminate.

3. Women dating players is not a common phenomenon. It is only a phenomenon that occurs among peers in my community and on T.V. My subjectivity and lack of social experience has rendered me blind to the realities of life.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Personally, I like people who are genuine, funny and intelligent. That's it!
  3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I just want a nice guy - a real nice guy, not someone who pretends to be :(
  4. ybt

ybt Guest

i dunno, the reason a lot of guys act fake is because they don't think they can actually be themselves even if they are pretty good
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

It's odd because I've known women who've considered me to be 'nice' and I've spent a lot of time talking to them and being friends. But it's only been my mates, who will lie to them, cheat on them and hurt them that they're actually interested in. (Even early on in the relationships they knew the bloke was no good for them, but love conquers all apparently...)

I spoke to a woman about this recently and she said that I had a very 'feminine' personality, and a lot of women may be looking for a more 'masculine' personality. I'm not sure whether this is good or not. I don't care anymore.

(Oh I also get chatted up by blokes a lot... No idea why, I find this strange)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
  6. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

It's in the genes of women to look for masculine men rather than emotional weak wimps.

Popular and outgoing women like popular and outgoing men, and sometimes also unpopular and silent persons dream about popular and outgoing ones and don't see the people of their kind.

But about looks. Of course people like persons who are beautiful in their eyes. "Ugly" (what is ugly..?) or silent women can complain how guys don't see them, but they are only watching the good-looking theirselves and waiting their attention. And same is with "ugly" or silent men who only see the most beatiful and outgoing women.

Sometimes "ugly" or silent persons do see their own kind and find them attractive, but the opposite don't feel the same, only waits for someone upper.
  7. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

My wife has 4 younger sisters, and none of them (my wife included -lol) seem to have gone for the stud-muffin type. They were raised by a very gentle father.

Also, a lot of men and women don't realize how attractive they could be if they just portrayed themselves differently. A lot of it is psychological.
  8. letdown

letdown Guest

"Women" aren't all the same.
  9. RunningAway

RunningAway Well-Known Member

I would just like to meet someone genuine. Who is gentle and kind. And most importantly will not lie to me. Though I worry I have lived too many years of my life now and still have not found this person :p
  10. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Just like most men, most women would really like someone who gives a shit about them and would want to be with them. No one really knows what women want or what men want because as letdown said we are all different.
    It's better not to try and figure out this question because when you meet someone (unless you have already), the question isn't about what women want, it is about what she wants.
  11. johnsmythe

johnsmythe Well-Known Member

Women like men who are confident, strong and aware of what they want in life and how to get it. They also want looks, kindness, attention (but not too much) and extroversion. At least that's what I've gathered...

One theme I seem to read a lot about is the confidence issue. Players are notoriously confident so that may explain (somewhat) why they get all the girls...

but hey what do I know, the last time I even had a friend who was a girl was in 3rd grade.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2007
  12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't think all women are the same. But I do think there are patterns that are common in all groups of people.

I do think women tend to want a more masculine type of man. But there are only so many of those to go around and the fact of the matter is that a man who isn't very emotional tends to be violent, unsympathetic, uncaring, cold and distant. He might be a lot of fun on a date and he might make her feel safe but if she marries him, she'll start to regret it in a few years.

Women (generalizing, I know) eventually want an emotional connection. They eventually want someone who is kind, gentle and sensitive. That's about the point where the relationship with Mr macho goes sour. Everybody eventually wants somebody to hold them and to feel something.

There are the rare macho men with a heart of gold. Trouble is, almost all the women want him.

I have found that a lot of women will say they want a nice guy. This would imply that if you don't have the looks, you can still do OK on being nice. I don't know. It never worked for me. I don't care anymore. Past my prime. No money. Who cares?
  13. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Personally speaking, I like men who are intelligent, honest, and have a good sense of humor. The occasional "bad boy" is also interesting...far more interesting than "momma's boy" to me.

I harbor a theory:
    The vast majority (keep in mind I'm saying the MAJORITY, not ALL) of women with 'manipulative' men are either desperate, or just looking for a good time. The latter types annoy me when they begin to bitch about just how bad "their man" is and state that they are soooo in love.

I ask myself, is it love or is it lust?
  14. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Personally, I like men who are confident with just a touch of arrogance who can make me laugh but who are also disarmingly honest and serious at moments when I least expect it.
  15. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Even though when I am fully honest with people I get nothing but grief I can see where your coming from. Even white lies make me feel guilty to those who I really love so I suffer the consequences...
  16. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

This is very true. Luckily for me, I never been with women who are shallow and have a one track mind.

Everyone is different and therefore look for different qualities. It's hard for men because they have to act tough and then at the same time have to know when to soften up, yet when guys do that, women complain or go abit funny about how soft men go. In the end, be yourself, if a lady doesn't like that, then thats her problem, let her deal with it. The same applies for women, if a guy can't accept you then so be it. Life goes on.

In the end, we're all human and as humans we were designed to show emotion, the whole not showing emotion nonsense is outdated and soo flawed that it's pretty ugly.

So ladies like all types of guys, it just depends on who that lady is and what there looking for.
  17. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Bang on! What is great is that it's slowly dissolving. Men and women are becoming more open minded about things and taboo boundaries are being pushed back. And with less taboo on convosation about sex and stuff I reckon there will be less repression and hopefully less bad people.
    Gone are the days when it was rude for women to be called hussies because they showed their ankles :laugh:
    Emotions are great and embracing them makes them easier to get to grips with. Espeicially being open with people (you trust).
  18. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Hehe I agree with you completely. Like you said, lets hope these boundaries and barriers disolve in time. I think they've done more damage then good.

So I take it that women couldn't even show their own ankles back in the day?
  19. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

20. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

The body of a woman should never be considered the property of her husband. The Victorians would probably be shocked to see boob tunes and high heels as normal fashion these days but is it really more shocking than treating women like shit? I'm glad women are treated equally in modern day civilisations. Suppose we just have to convince the religious cultists and fanatics that you lot arn't as evil as you look :p Do you see what picking apples off trees you shouldn't gets you, thousands of years of being put down. I'm gonna get in trouble if I carry on :laugh:
    I'm feeling risque, someone stop me!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.