What kind of music do you listen to???

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Stranger1, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

What is your top ten? I like Saliva, Puddle Of Mudd, Staind, Nirvana, AcDc, Guns And Roses, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Sound Garden, and Nickleback, amonst others...does listening to music help calm you? It occupies my mind so when my thoughts get all gobbled up, it helps me to quiet them down...
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I like U2, Bon Jovi and Aerosmith. They are my favourite bands. I used to listen to guns and roses but not anymore.
  3. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

I am a musician. a pro musician. I cannot stand listening to music. I
    absolutely hate it. I like peace and quiet. I guess that wasn't much
    help ay? not to mention not much fun :)

sorry :(

twas an honest answer. I can't stand listening to music. I especially hate it
    when it's blaring in my face from someone elses stereo or car or muzak machine
    in the grocery store. I hate it all. it all drives me totally mad.

I have to get blithering drunk to be able to play for 4 hours without taking my
    guitar outside and smashing it to bits on the asphault.
  4. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

ok...Jethro Tull if I really need to hear music :)

usually, I literally can't stand it. it's like chinese water torture to me.
  5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and much more.
  6. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Wrong section guys!
  7. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

The Tragically Hip, Springsteen, Goo Goo Dolls, Dylan, Sinatra, Amy Winehouse, Joss Stone, U2, Zep, 50-60s Jazz, 80s Hair bands, British girl pop groups. I'm all over the place. My iPod is stuffed.
  8. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Most any jazz and classical composers: Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Scarlatti, Gershwin, John Cage...seriously, that's what I enjoy listening to and playing.
  9. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

most kinds rally,
    death metal, black metal, metal, rock, hip hop, rap, techno, dance, some country, etc.

some bands that i like
    Cradle of Filth
    Marilyn Manson
    immortal technique
    dead prez
    led zep
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Jedi,
    I am sorry you didn't understand my reasoning!!I wanted to know what music others listen to? It is a deterint, Listening to music helps me focus better. I suffer from my thoughts always getting jumbled up, music helps me maintain some since of normality. If you took offence to me posting here all I can say is it works for me. Don't be so quick to critisize what you obviously don't have a clue.....
  11. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I like mostly old music, some of it even older than me. Pink Floyd (favorite) The Who, Stones, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix. Some older Country Music by Waylon Jennings, John Anderson and Dolly Parton. Some eighties stuff from The Clash, The Pretenders, Judas Priest and David Bowie. I like some newer stuff by The Beastie Boys (they are hysterical), Beck and Metallica.

I also like movie soundtracks especially Gladiator. My music calms me down or perks me up. Music helps me tremendously!
  12. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

We Are The Union, Less Than Jake, The Arrogant Sons of Bitches, Bomb The Music Industry!, Streetlight Manifesto, Big D and the Kids Table, Reel Big Fish, Choking Victim

This Is Hell, Circle Takes The Square, I Would Set Myself On Fire For You, Saetia, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Rise Against, The Bled, The Flaming Tsunamis, Wow Owls!

Metal (All kinds):
    Protest The Hero, Skyfire, Slayer, Metallica, Bring Me The Horizon, Children of Bodom, Dark Tranquillity, Machinae Supremacy, Maudlin of the Well, Candlemass, Kiuas, Kalmah, In Flames(Old), Cryptopsy (Old)

Motion City Soundtrack, System of a Down, Tenacious D, Alkaline Trio, Peirce the Veil, HORSE the band, Sky Eats Airplane, Gimp, The Gaslight Anthem, Bad Religion, Black Flag, Breaking Benjamin.
  13. ibinsanediego

ibinsanediego Active Member

Pink Floyd, Led Zep, and all classic rock from ACDC to ZZTop
  14. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

My music taste is varied, i listen to just about every genre there is lol apart from things like jazz and classical stuffs.

Anything from techno to hip hop to R&B to some metal will do :)
  15. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

I feel like a prick for the post I left. but I wasn't being snide. I used to really
    love music a lot. mostly so called classic rock, though I prefer to think of it as
    just rock. anyway, I don't listen anymore. I don't own a single CD. or a radio.
    after a lifetime of playing music live, a great deal of which I have always hated
    and just played for the money, I really crave silence. peace and quiet if it
    at all possible. I know it sounds weird, but a lot of musicians end up getting
    kind of burned out. too much input into the old cranium. too much noise. I
    still play for a living. my next GAG (gig) is this sunday night and I dread it.
    but I need the money...
  16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I listen to rap music and any kind of trance or techno :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.