what kind of psychedelic drugs are euphoric/calming/whatever

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by HawthornePassage, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

the current shit doesnt work much any more and im trying to pull through another year, and given that this year was the hardest in my entire life id probably better brace myself

something that is highly de-stressing/euphoric but also relatively gentle would be ideal. i remember when i first tried benzos they were great but now they barely do anything because i havent increased the dosage over the past months.

any experiences/suggestions? dont need the typical get help lines as ive already gone those routes many times. willing to try pretty much any substance as long as it isnt extremely dangerous or addictive or something that feels good for a week then makes you feel like garbage. im also looking to get out of reality and distract myself which is why im looking into psychedelics instead of just normal crap. ive never tried them
  2. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Psychedelics are best taken when you have a calm mind. Weed is a mild hallucinogen… and it can make people pretty paranoid. LSD is really strong and it lasts at least 6 hours from the time it kicks in to peaking… and then the comedown can be absolutely awful. Mushrooms aren't so good if you do them alone… they're kind of something where you want to have your friends there. I haven't done any other psychedelics but I think the general rule is that however you're feeling now is how you're going to feel when you're tripping but more.

Actually, I think that some of my problems were kind of unlocked by LSD so you might want to be careful with that one.

I'm not really a big drug person, though… I didn't do these things very often and I haven't done any drugs besides cigarettes and alcohol for over 7 years now… so maybe someone who is more of an expert can help you.
  3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Psychedelic drugs are a huge no no. Especially when you have existing psychiatric disorders. I once took salvia divinoruum and ended up having flashbacks for months.
  4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Psychedelics aren't calming or euphoric. You just kind of drift into your own world and dissociate from reality. The feeling is hard to describe. I did DXM before, and well, I was pretty much immobile for a couple hours. I wanted to get up and pee, but I couldn't. They certainly slow your bodily functions down, but not in a calming way. Calming would be opiates or benzos, neither of which I really recommend, being addicted to both of those myself.
  5. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

i dont think that anyone can advise you on drugs to take here. for a start they are illegal and the site will not support any illegal action i.e. enoucrage you to take drugs or allow any person to encourage you to do so.
  6. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Sparkle - Well, DXM and like someone else mentioned, Salvia, are actually legal here in the US. So are opiates and benzos if you have a script.
  7. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

theres nothing thats a really 'gentle' trip? i kind of heard that mushrooms was gentle, but I experienced the same thing with pot awhile ago that you said gloomy....like being forced to confront myself more rather than escaping from it. it nearly pushed me into a mental breakdown. opiates don't really calm me down much at all though benzos do I guess
  8. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Yeah shrooms can go either way. For me I had some fun mental explorations the first time. The second time i turned the lights out and listened to DSM and saw my life in the most incredible ways ever. Literally tore my perspective for life apart. So, if you go the way of shrooms, becareful.

Ill be honest, you're not going to find anything in drugs. Just a distraction, maybe a new perception of awareness and some fun trips. But I'll be even more honest, it'll only help to pull you away from finding the ways of enjoying life normally. If you need drugs to escape life, I'd say don't go that route. Distracting yourself with drugs isn't just distracting, it's mentally challenging and at times dissolves aspects of your normality.
    Hey whateever you'll do what you want, but drugs.. "looks in the mirror" ... yep. Won't recommend that shit for anyone having trouble with life.
    ps shrooms terrifed the fuck out of me last time, and challenged my existence, then made me relive an echo of a past experience I wish it hadnt of. It's different for everyone, but if your minds literally stimulated now, and you want to escape, ...and you do use shrooms. Make sure your in a safe environemtn and have something stimulating you along the way or do it with a friend.
  9. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Opiates don't calm you down? That's the first time I've ever heard that. What opiates have you tried and how much?

And nooo dude, mushrooms are not 'gentle'. I've never done them, but my husband has and he did and saw some crazy stuff while he was on them. He never did them again after that.

And pot makes me more paranoid than anything else really. I'm not a huge fan, but when I have nothing else, it suffices.
  10. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

yes. if you have a script. this isn't what is being discussed here.
  11. AsphyxiateOnMisery

How do you know? He/she might get a script for whatever medications are being discussed and use them legally.

You said drugs were illegal. And many are not illegal. And the ones that are, such as shrooms and LSD are not advised to be taken if you read the conversation. So I don't see the issue.
  12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Closing this thread. This forum isn't to encourage drug use (which will be added in the forum description momentarily).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.