What kind of scum am I?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Forgotten_Man, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

You know I wonder this all the time. What kind of human filth am I? Honestly I am not sure. I mean I cannot make emotional attachments to other human beings. It is impossible, for me. I have had one friend for 5 years. I know I mean a lot to him. But if he died tomorrow I would just keep on living. Nothing would change in my life if he died tomorrow.

Yet if I lost one of my stuffed animals or when my cat dies I am probably going to kil myself. What kind of worthless scum bag am I that I cannot even make attachments to people?

2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

No, I feel the same way about animals, especially if you're attached to your pet. I don't think you're scum. People are different and are complicated it takes me a year to get to the point of approaching someone. When it comes to friends especially distant friends- it's understandable you wouldn't feel so bad as you don't have a close connection with them. You're not scum.

3. Forgotten_Man

The fact is that I cannot make that connection no matter how hard I try. Yet I let others make that connection with me. It just feels like I am leading them on.

4. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I'm sure a lot of people on here can relate to having a hard time forming attachments to people. It doesn't mean you're scum. At all.

I too can relate to having stronger attachments to animals than people. I think it's something to do with my fear of being let down..people are just too complicated sometimes.

Take care, I'm here if you ever need to talk

:hug:

5. Forgotten_Man

I guess I feel bad leading on a few of my friends. Making them think I give a shit about them.