What links us all together?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Invidia Ira Firu, Oct 27, 2007.

?

Do you think people relate to your problems?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2007.
  1. No, I think my problems are unlike others

25.0%
  2. Yes, I think a lot of people are going through the same

33.3%
  3. I'm not really sure how I feel.

41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invidia Ira Firu

Invidia Ira Firu New Member

How do you guys feel about each other problems? I think about this stuff all the time. Like, we all have problems and even though we are all so far away from each other we are still connected to each other somehow.
    Do you guys think that the anonymousness of our situation makes it easier for us to connect? Do you guys think that if we all knew each other in person it would be just as easy to talk out our problems?

I would really like to hear from you guys, and please be thoughtful, it would help.

2. elliebelle

elliebelle Active Member

I think it's definitely easier to connect online. Not being face to face and not having to say things out loud allows for more honesty and openess. I think eventually I could talk in person but I'd need to really have spent a lot of time talking to the person online first. I think the great thing about the internet is that it allows all of us to connect. I think a lot of us feel really alone and having this outlet where we can meet others like us at least for me helps that loneliness a little bit. Knowing others who understand is helpful for me.

3. Ella

Ella Well-Known Member

Apart from my therapist, I cannot talk to anyone offline about stuff, and I don't mean I don't have anyone to talk to, because I do, I just physically can't get myself to talk. So I definitely believe that for me personally, it is much easier to talk to people online. The anonymity helps in the beginning, yes, but once I get to know people online, it's still easier than talking offline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.