What make-up do YOU recommend?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by resistance, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I have just found out that my mum wants to take me away for a week or so in about 5 days, it's not finalised yet but she said the place she wants to take me has a swimming pool, jacuzzi and all that jazz and it sounds like heaven on earth but I'm a bit worried. I haven't been swimming or shown my arms, legs for a looooooong time because of the scars, mainly on my legs. I have loads of them and if we do go ahead and go to this place then everyone will be in the pool and all that stuff (unfortunately, it's not just us two going :rolleyes:) and I would like to join in, but I don't know. :( I don't know if I should risk it or not. If I do join in then I'll have to conseal, which is something I don't normally need to do (jeans etc..) and I don't have the time (or money!) to go and buy one brand then come home to find it rubs off or don't conseal too well then to go back out and buy another type.

What make up do you recommend? I guess this question is more based for those living in the UK but anyone with suggestions is more than welcome to reply. I checked the scar reduction thread, but it doesn't say details about the make up and such, not that I seen anyway.

2. fading_dreams

fading_dreams Well-Known Member

well, i don't wear makeup, but it seems like makeup would wash away. what i would recomend, and what i do, is i wear a t-shirt over top. that's not that weird, because lots of people do it. and that hides some of the scars. and also, not many people can see you when you're under water, so if you just keep your towel wrapped around you and then take it off right before you slide into the pool... well, once you're in the pool, no one usually notices. for you, if they're mostly on your legs, you could try just wearing shorts, maybe long ones like basketballs shorts if you have them, down to the pool area and then just take them off right before getting in the water, or just wear them in if you're allowed. i know lots of people who do this who aren't cutters like me, so it looks normal and perfectly fine.... don't know if this will work, but it saves you money on makeup.

3. immure

immure Account Closed

i would sugest surfer shorts they r very instyle where i am from they go just above the knee. as for ur arms well this could be trickier but also easier to lie about. never underestimate the power of denial. from my experience people dont like admittin things r well less then ok. i used this to cover many mis haps not to mention some swift humor i learned. just be prepared with ur coments it makes it easier for them to believe.

4. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Like Immure said, board shorts are good to hide scars on legs... if I absolutely have to I'll wear them... hope you have a good time whatever you decide to do.

TDM

5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I never thought about the shorts, that's a fantastic idea. I have a lot of cuts at the bottom of my legs too, but when in water like you've already said, no one would notice and it's not as if people look for the scars, I hope. Heh. Thanks. :hug:

6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I would read the writing on the front and back, and see if it's water proof....:hug:

:::between the shorts and water proof make up you are set.:smile:

:hug:,
    Carolyn.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  7. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Seems like I have plenty of time now anyway because my mum has decided to postpone it for November. :rolleyes: Ah well, in a way that's good, I have some time. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.