What makes you feel happy when you feeling down?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Lone_walker, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone_walker

Lone_walker Well-Known Member

Hey

Just wondering, what makes people feel happy when they feel down. I'll start:

Coming onto the forum

2. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

-Sf
    -Talking to friends
    -Hugs :smile:

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

When I'm down I stay down.

4. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Music and writing.....

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

reading something good. sometimes i can't read too much because i'm just too happy reading a certain paragraph, i'll put it down, think about it for ages, and i'll go back and savour it slowly. i'm doing that with a book i'm reading now. it's alright, there are real gems in there though. and it's keeping me reading but i'm noticing that i'm noticing sentence structure and rhythm and general stuff like that- and going 'nah that's really rubbish' and 'oooh, very nice' kinda thing. weird as i haven't read anything properly for ages i can do that (as well as write things i look back and think wow, esp the dietician one i edited, i've edited the world mental health day one). the last book i read was AWFUL CRAP, most misogynistic stale rubbish i'd ever read and horrors of horrors i think it turns some women on...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
  6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

some movies, some musics, my pets, a hot bath, but lately these arent working anymore...

7. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Working out with loud music, writing, watching Star Trek or going to bed.

8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Playing with my cat, seeing my boyfriend on cam, someone showing they care, food and music.

9. Drekono

Drekono Well-Known Member

drugs

10. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

fantasizing what my life was like a few years ago and what my life could have been like

11. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Seconded.

12. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

Love would make me happy ...but I'm unloveable

13. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

I don't know about when I'm down, but writing sure put me in a good mood right now.

14. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I just got a package full of CDs I ordered in the mail today. One of the albums is by Dethklok, which is a meta-band created for the Cartoon Network show "Metapocalypse" (long story short, they're a fake band like Spinal Tap--a fake band that makes real CDs . . . yeah.)

But the thing is, is that the music is actually good . . . and the lyrics are hysterical. Take this stanza from "Face Fisted,"

Feel my fist on your face
    You hate this
    I feel great!

How can I not laugh at this? It's a perfectly absurd send-up of heavy metal with songs named things like "Hatredcopter". Listening to this CD has brought a great end to an otherwise rotten day.

15. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

You are NOT unloveable! NOT!

16. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I agree with Bri. and to answer the question what makes me happy most of the time is just playing with my 11 month old daughter.

17. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:biggrin: stuff like this cheers me up too.

18. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

Talking to my close friends helps, and so does listening to music.
    EDIT: And, of course, SF helps too. :)

19. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

It used to be my youngest cat and drawing but now its sitting back, watching my tank with my music.

20. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Surfing around diabro.net makes me smile. Bags and shoes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.