What makes you happy when your down

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what makes you happy when your depressed? Listening to Weird Al usually puts me in a good mood but when I'm depressed I never feel like doing that so instead I listen to stuff like Eminem. Sometimes I watch TV or read to get my mind off of what ever I'm upset about.

Me? I do a few things.

I get out my iPod and I blast my emo-est music, because I really need the emotion. If no one's home, I sing along with all my might.

And I also write my poetry, because after a while of doing that, I feel better. I'll still feel down, but I'll feel less out of control.

I have to think things through, even if they're negative. I dunno, that's just the way my brain works.

B

Blackness

Music, but sometimes it can have the opposite effect and trigger me even more. I try to do photography also, or I just look around on the net, talk to online friends, etc.
Or simply cry cry cry..

I guess dreaming away or sleeping can help. Sometimes I just imagine something happy and go deep into it as if I am living that happy life instead of the one I am in now. That helps. I realize I can help myself in coping if I deceive myself sometimes. I find it very hard to cry now, I used to cry myself to sleep every night but as my love for life runs dry, my tears dried as well because I am getting cold inside.

jhayes0027

It's mostly music for me now but I have to watch myself or I'll find myself listening to something that takes me even more down. Use to I enjoyed web design, anime, and a few other things. Nowadays it's basically just music though. I enjoy being at work also, it keeps me from being bored and just kinda keeps me lifted.

usually laughter makes bad feelings go away for a while. like imagining a situation you where in and thinking about what could happen different that would make it hilarious. Also movies that are easy to immerse yourself into are good

Reki

Pour it all out to my best friend because she demands that I do it when I feel down. It helps a bunch. Listen to music, anime, video games and any other activity that can be called geeky just because I like it and I can. =d

Anonymous2

I guess dreaming away or sleeping can help. Sometimes I just imagine something happy and go deep into it as if I am living that happy life instead of the one I am in now.
Ditto, I love to daydream. Whenever I daydream, I can escape my painful reality and enter a world of peace. Years of life without romantic love, affection, or concern have caused me to become an expert daydreamer.

I also like to watch movies and read books. These activities also help me to escape reality. I like to read fiction because it allows me to disappear in to a world of magic, mystery, romance, terror, adventure, love, and/or suspense. Right now I’m finishing “Wolves of the Calla” by Stephen King.

Of course, spending time with my mother and father can also make me happy. They are the only people I talk to outside of work and college. I don’t have any friend nor do I have a girlfriend.

Lastly, I like to exercise. Exercise can be quite painful for me because I have health problems, but the overall long-term benefits I receive seem to outweigh the temporary pain increase I feel.

L

letdown

Daydreaming recently has made me feel much worse to the point where I sometimes just want to end it all just to stop my dreaming.

Hmm, what makes me feel better. Staying off the internet.:tongue:. Music. My project. Reading. Going outside and staying outside. Girlfriend. Cat. Painting.

Kramer

i also like listening to music or just laying in my bed with my blanky over my head cuddling with myself lol, i like to talk to people on line when i feel down and i usaully come on and get in the chat for awhile

I find something to occupy my mind so I don't think bad thoughts.

I guess that technically isn't making me happy, but it keeps me from staying down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00