1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes you happy when your down

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Twisted Sweet Lies, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

So what makes you happy when your depressed? Listening to Weird Al usually puts me in a good mood but when I'm depressed I never feel like doing that so instead I listen to stuff like Eminem. Sometimes I watch TV or read to get my mind off of what ever I'm upset about.

2. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Me? I do a few things.

I get out my iPod and I blast my emo-est music, because I really need the emotion. If no one's home, I sing along with all my might.

And I also write my poetry, because after a while of doing that, I feel better. I'll still feel down, but I'll feel less out of control.

I have to think things through, even if they're negative. I dunno, that's just the way my brain works.

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Music, but sometimes it can have the opposite effect and trigger me even more. I try to do photography also, or I just look around on the net, talk to online friends, etc.
    Or simply cry cry cry..

4. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Ah, I forgot.

Yeah I cry sometimes, too.

5. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I guess dreaming away or sleeping can help. Sometimes I just imagine something happy and go deep into it as if I am living that happy life instead of the one I am in now. That helps. I realize I can help myself in coping if I deceive myself sometimes. I find it very hard to cry now, I used to cry myself to sleep every night but as my love for life runs dry, my tears dried as well because I am getting cold inside.

6. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

It's mostly music for me now but I have to watch myself or I'll find myself listening to something that takes me even more down. Use to I enjoyed web design, anime, and a few other things. Nowadays it's basically just music though. I enjoy being at work also, it keeps me from being bored and just kinda keeps me lifted.

7. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I heard White and Nerdy the other day. Funny stuff. You're Pitiful was pretty good as well.

8. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

usually laughter makes bad feelings go away for a while. like imagining a situation you where in and thinking about what could happen different that would make it hilarious. Also movies that are easy to immerse yourself into are good

9. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Talking to my nephew and taking him out or just hanging out with him. He's is brilliant at 7

10. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

11. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Music, because it's a big part of my life.

12. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Pour it all out to my best friend because she demands that I do it when I feel down. It helps a bunch. Listen to music, anime, video games and any other activity that can be called geeky just because I like it and I can. =d

13. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

Ditto, I love to daydream. Whenever I daydream, I can escape my painful reality and enter a world of peace. Years of life without romantic love, affection, or concern have caused me to become an expert daydreamer.

I also like to watch movies and read books. These activities also help me to escape reality. I like to read fiction because it allows me to disappear in to a world of magic, mystery, romance, terror, adventure, love, and/or suspense. Right now I’m finishing “Wolves of the Calla” by Stephen King.

Of course, spending time with my mother and father can also make me happy. They are the only people I talk to outside of work and college. I don’t have any friend nor do I have a girlfriend.

Lastly, I like to exercise. Exercise can be quite painful for me because I have health problems, but the overall long-term benefits I receive seem to outweigh the temporary pain increase I feel.

14. letdown

letdown Guest

Daydreaming recently has made me feel much worse to the point where I sometimes just want to end it all just to stop my dreaming.

Hmm, what makes me feel better. Staying off the internet.:tongue:. Music. My project. Reading. Going outside and staying outside. Girlfriend. Cat. Painting.

15. Smilie46

Smilie46 Well-Known Member

children

16. helpfulhands

helpfulhands New Member

i usually Do a Barrel Roll when im down

17. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

i also like listening to music or just laying in my bed with my blanky over my head cuddling with myself lol, i like to talk to people on line when i feel down and i usaully come on and get in the chat for awhile

18. Neuro

Neuro New Member

I find something to occupy my mind so I don't think bad thoughts.

I guess that technically isn't making me happy, but it keeps me from staying down.

19. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Writing something crappy to make me laugh at myself for being so childish! Haha..

20. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Hugging my kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.