What makes you join a forum?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Cath, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cath

Cath Staff Alumni

What makes you join a forum?
    Also what makes you keep going back?

Just curious :smile:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I joined another forum because of my brothers suicide and had no way to release the pain. I go backthere only to see how people are doing I know they don't truly want me there so i don't say much They banned me for reaching out to only one person who said i could I understand now i am never to reach out for help only stay quiet with my pain. This forum was at first a safe place now i just feel pain when i return because i not allowed visitor msgs or anything just stay quiet cant even thank one person who sent me words of encouragement and another ask me to be her friend but can't msg her other so really this forum is closed to me just go back to see how they are doing. He deleted all my thoughts and emotions all my poetry deleted i was accused of being incensitve abusive to to other members when i only talked to one really and she said it was okay. I hated me so much at the end i just wanted to kill myself god i hated the way he sent me back to being a nothing a noone.

I joined this forum when i was locked out of the other forum. I was in so much pain and fear for my daughters well being. I thought the only way to get rid of the pain was to kill myself because the support i had from other forum was now gone. so ended up here suicide forum. I come back here because i am not afraid here as much People truly care here but still have feelings of just wanting to just go away. Thankful im here because im not so alone/ I use the private diary as then i know noone will be angry at me no one willsay i am incensitive and harrassing others and abusing the forum Private diary helps. me alot get thoughts out of my head. Noone will delete me like they did on other forum all my thoughts and emotions deleted there i became a noone again a nothing I pray i hurt noone here i pray noone locks me out i just need to know i belong somewhere.

3. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

If it can relate to the subject at hand, first and foremost.

If it can make me laugh, secondly.

4. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Because I'm a dysfunctional loner type wondering if there are like minded ppl out there in the virtual abyss. IDK the answer to the other question.

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I can talk more openly in forums. It's a freedom... My whole life feels like a fake, so online I can be more like myself...
    I don't express things IRL like I do here. In real life I'm a dull person that rarely smile...

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I join forums where people are accepting of others, where you can be yourself and not be judged and where people truly care about one another.

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

This place makes me feel better :sf:

8. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

Joined because i found it really hard to release my feelings IRL.
    SF is really supporting and members are really understanding and patient :smile:
    I<3 SFer's ! !

9. Zaparc©

Zaparc© Active Member

If the content is good, and is centered around something which is of interest to me, then I'll more than likely join.

10. IDKwhatIwant

IDKwhatIwant Well-Known Member

women.

activity and attention.

11. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Depressive, BDP.

12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I needed somewhere to vent and talk about my problems because no one else would listen. I keep coming back because I have people here who care about me and how I'm feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.