What makes you stick around and not do it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seithkein, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

Hello and I came back because my parent found my suicide letter too early because i could do anything.

Anyway what makes people stick around when they obviously see that there is no hope at all and that suicide is the only way out. I think it's either because people are too afraid of the outcome of their action like hell and heaven stuff. Well what if you're an atheist what makes you stick around. I have already set a date that i will be leaving this earth and knowing that make me happy now that at least the pain will stop.
  2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

To be honest nothing stops me as I know I am not going to be missed.

Recently though I have been on my own with my dogs as my partner has been on holiday & I would never do anything when I know they would be on their own for a while. I couldn't do that to them.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't know if anything actually stops me. I choose when and where. It is a permanent solution so I am not entering into it litely. I already have the how as far as the when,I haven't set a date. I just know it will be within the next one to two months...:chopper:
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

even though i couldn't see a way out of the pain and depression i was feeling, there was a tiny, maybe 1% part of me that knew that what i really wanted was the pain to stop. i put that 1% in charge one night and i reached out for help. i had already attempted once and was getting ready to try again. luckily i asked the right person, a family doctor and well, he took it from there. it's now 6 months later. the depression lifted. the underlying mental illness (bipolar in my case) was diagnosed. i am putting the abuse i experienced as a kid to rest with the the help of a kick-ass therapist.

i hope you reconsider. try everything, and i mean everything - meds, peer support, the hotline, therapy, a shrink, a doc, a nurse, a social worker, exercise, light therapy, relaxation tapes, massage therapy, yoga, meditation, group therapy, - before you decide to end your life. find one thing, like clair did, to reconnect you to the world. you are so worthy, worth asking for and receiving help... do you feel that way?
  5. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Quite simply the only thing that sustains me is duty. As poor a fascsimilie of a human being as I am, I now acknowledge that my absence via suicide could only cause pain to those who love me. However, were my parents, wife and son removed from my life I would act and act decisively.

Seems like far too much work for such a negligible benefit. All that just to continue to exist. And then die anyway. :rolleyes:
  6. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I guess it is that small ounce of hope we all do have. With me I wish I would lose that small ounce of hope, because it seems all it does is had another depressing day to my life.
  7. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

im a fucking coward...
  8. GrimJim

GrimJim Guest

If I had a foolproof way of doing it, it commit suicide right this minute.
  9. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

All the stupid things.

The only reason I'm still alive is because all the small things I like to do.
  10. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

That is why i cant do it too

But latley my dad left to a diffrent country, its now me and my mom
    and i cant leave here, she is so weak, even if i just sit in a diffrent room
    then the one she is in, she telling me that she want me to be near her...
    Im so pissed off becouse of that!!
  11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

This is not obvious to me. It's not even true. Suicide is not the only way out. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem (i know everyone says that).

There are plenty of other ways to deal with problems than ending your life.

But in general, what makes me stick around is...
    1. I can come here and talk to to people
    erm well that's usually all I've got. Otherwise I use distraction and sometimes just choose not to think about why I'm sticking around.
  12. Freemind

Freemind Member

well there are somethings but for me i think i still (i dont know why though ) think i can recover but to cope with it generaly i will go with long runs rugby and i don't recommend anyone but alcohol induced silents moments of my brain
  13. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

Ive just recently been released from hospital for another attempt on my life. Unofrtunetly i was found before i was dead, and this made me worse, as i have caused pain once more. I keep on setting dates, and times, and venues where people cant find me. But then i feel that little bit of hope and its just a tiny bit of hope. like 0.05% hope. But it does it for me, and although i may attempt soon, when i have definetly ran out of hope. But for now, that is the reason for staying.

I dont want to continously hurt the people that i love, therefore, until i know that i ahve a full proof plan, i will not succeed. But i will enventually.
  14. aki

aki Well-Known Member

15. Mordred

Mordred Member

1)Lack of 100% deadly painless method.

2)Pain and damage it will cause to all my family and friends.
  16. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Plenty of determination, positive self talk, and my daughter and grandaughter. That works for now but I don't know for how much longer...:chopper:
  17. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

I hear wat ur sayin about atheist thing. But im a catholic and in the bible, suicide is a sin. I dont think i havent done it because of fear of heaven or hell. I should believe that i will go to hell when i die....but i dont ?

The only stupid reason i havent done it is the fear that i will get caught or somehow saved....? and then i would have to explain myself to others and justify my actions. :(

But i also have this thought........i always think "i want to die" and then i think but hw would people react? i would never b able to see if they really cared about me?

i no that sounds stupid but thats y i stick around. i guess in some sick way i want to know hw they would react?
  18. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

On one of my attempts I chickened out at the last moment, I was starting to feel sick and lose consciousness, and then I wondered where I was going to end up if I went through with it, what happens if I didn't meet the people on the other side that I wanted to meet.
  19. ghosty11

ghosty11 Guest

I think of nihilism in a literal sense as in a complete bamboozle IT the CLOWN think of it as a normal everyday son of a *(&(& thing dont worry we all die anyways.
  20. GrimJim

GrimJim Guest

And with Friday being the 13th anniversary of my previous attempt, maybe it's time to try again
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.