what meds are you on?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by p3cky, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

this has probly already been asked but what meds are you currently on? and how are they working for you?

2. acecoffee

acecoffee Active Member

prozac 50mg and zoloft 15mg ,u?

3. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

sertaline 200mg and venlafaxine 75mg, im not long on the combination and the venlafaxine has just not long been increased but there has been a slight improvement, still a long way to go though.

4. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

i am mixing Diazepam i Bensedin, a few pills of both, when I am in a bad mood, when I am in a good mood I am not taking anything, yeah I know its a bad idea...

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Not on anything right now

6. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

was on sertraline, olanzipine and another i cant remember now, but now only on citalopram, started on 10mg which was horrible then upped to 20mg which was ok and upped to 30mg which is making me twitchy, still dry mouth, even harder to sleep and when i do have really odd dreams, brain zapps, confusion and totally couldnt care less and am supposed to go up even higher...emotionally numb and basically useless

7. theaterfreak

theaterfreak Well-Known Member

mine aren't working. i take wellbutrin, geodon and zoloft. they sort of worked at the beginning but i don't know if they stopped working or its' just that they don't last as long anymore. idk

8. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

:brainfart: mirtazipine was the one i forgot...none of them worked and gave me horrific side effects resulting in more meds and loads of blood work... *sigh* sometimes meds just aren't the fix the docs want them to be so dont
    feel down if they dont work, i hate meds for lots of reasons but you have to just work thru the list to get to the one that works for your, so dont give up trying, talk to your doc

9. SentinelMG

SentinelMG Active Member

Sertraline. It took a while for it to kick in, maybe because I started low dose, but I have noticed a major difference over the past year even if my dose probably still needs to be increased some.

10. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Besides my asthma meds I'm supposed to be on Prozac and klonopin but haven't had them for a while. And sometimes trazadone and I was on Zoloft at one point too in an attempt by my doctor to replace the prozac. that didn't work out too well.

11. the_snowcub

the_snowcub Active Member

I am on 800mg of Quetiapaine, 800mg Lithium, 800mg Tegretol, 60mg Citalopram, and numerous others to counter all the side effects

12. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

yeah i am on 120mg of mirtazapine and 100 mg of seroquel at night and they are not working for my depression but they help me sleep

13. SmolderingIce

SmolderingIce Well-Known Member

Sertraline (generic for Zoloft) 50 mg
    It's working, for the most part. I'm sleeping more.

14. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

i was on zoloft at one stage and it really fucked me up i have bi polar disorder and made me get really bad mania for about a week of no sleep, i had not had a mania eposoide b4 i was put on this i was wondering if anyone else with bi polar disorder has tried this med and had a simlar reaction. i am sure i even have bi polar maybe it was just an adverse reaction of the drug. i wouldnt mind hearing from other bi polar sufferes and this drug

15. Ringo

Ringo Well-Known Member

45mg Mirtazapine. Been on it for almost a year now and found it helpful.

16. xZombiexAngelx

xZombiexAngelx Well-Known Member

My doctor wouldn't take me seriously, so all he did was put me on 20mg of Citalopram. It didn't help so I just stopped taking it. My dad wouldn't take me back to the doctors.

17. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm bipolar. on wellbutrin xl, zeldox, epival and propranalol (for ptsd).

18. laisydazy

laisydazy Member

I have been on A LOT of different meds but I am currently on Topiramate 25mg, which is a substitute for Topamax, I'm on Mirtazapine 30mg, which is a substitute for Remeron, and Lexapro 20mg. I don't think they're working very well anymore, but they do help me get to sleep at night which I like.

19. KGames

KGames Member

Cannabis.

Legal enough, where I live.

My therapist says my cannabis use has probably prevented a lot of harm to other people. I guess he might be right.

20. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

I have been on two medications in the past 4 years. But I'm not on anything right now.
    I think I feel better without them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.