what motivates you?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dustin, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustin

dustin Banned Member

What makes you go day to day, to get up and go to work in the morning? what is your reason to live?

Yeah, its petty on my part, I have read a lot of threads on here by people with real problems but my biggest problem is a simple lack of motivation. I just stopped caring about anything at some point. So I ask.. what is your motivation?

2. unwinged

unwinged Well-Known Member

prob just instinct, to get up to get some food, to fall asleep. depression makes me helpless to even commit suicide, so i live like a plant instead... also fear.

3. idontkare

idontkare New Member

My motivation is trying to find my motivation

4. dustin

dustin Banned Member

at least that's something, right?

5. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I have a difficult time trying to get motivated I get up everyday to go to work because I have to. I go to the gym most afternoons afterwork so I can try and get a little fitter but also it stops me just sitting around the house. I wish someone could bottle motivation and sell it lol.

6. whywhy

whywhy Active Member

I don't have any motivation. I just live day to day, thankfully for my mother who provides for me...

7. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what motivates me to get up.

I think whats the point in living?

But then I think, whats the point in not living?

Ever have that feeling after you do something, that feeling like your forgetting something, that's the feeling i feel everyday when I wake up. I'm not even sure if its a real feeling or just something in my head.

Like something is missing, and I'm trying to find it...

8. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

My motivation is knowing that nothing good will happen for me unless I make it happen (or at least involve myself).

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My dog motivates me.. He wakes me up and then after I let him outside and he comes back in he is all frisky and wants to play.. You can't ignore him because he is persistant..Getting a dog was my therapists idea..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.