Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Jimi Hendrix
The Who
Led Zeppelin
The Stone Roses
Robert Johnson

Would have loved to have seen them live. Instead, I had to settle for this half-pissed busker standing on the corner of the local high street murdering Bob Dylan songs.

kdm

SF Supporter
I love all of these groups. It had to be alot of fun working for a rock promoter.
hmm it was interesting but i expected some glitz and glamor on the promotion side it was a buch of chickens running around to the last second or later trying to get things set up for the shows

but knowing the promoter afforded me things that others were not afforded like not working or working just untill show time then watching the concert and the promoter allways gave me the best of seats

one time iwanted to go to a concert at our bigger outdoor venue and he gave me tickets a VIP parking pass aallaccess pass some vouchers for food and drink

and i had a friend who at times bought cars from auto auctions even a old funeral limo so we al went to the show in this funeral limo the VIP parking turned out to be nothing much

the thing that makes me smile is i had a pink frizbee and they would not let me take it into the venue andthe car was a good distance away so it was a hmm what am i going to do with the frizbee and came up with the idea of hiding it under the bottom of abig garbage can

well concert is over and we are leaving and there is security by ere the garbage can is and i in fun bet the security guy 5 dollars that under the can would be a pink frizbee and when we moved the can there was my pink frizbee and it just dumbfounded the security guard

sorry for wasting space just a memory of one of my days and thats about all i got left that makes me smile but sure glad i got them

DF2010

I love my 80s metal, so here are the bands that I've seen.

Poison - 15 times
Motley Crue - 15 times
Firehouse - 6 times
Ratt - 10 times
Lita Ford - 3 times
Def Leppard - 3 times
Cinderella - 7 times
Warrant - 5 times
Faster Pussycat- 10 times
Twisted Sister - 5 times
Whitesnake - 1 time
Great White - 4 times
LA Guns - 6 times
Cheap Trick - 5 times
Quiet Riot - 4 times
Skid Row/Sebastian Bach - 6 times

And many others over the years too.

Aves

Britney Spears once (not embarrassed to admit, I was a kid and my Mum took me)
My Chemical Romance twice (not embarrassed to admit, I was going through an emo phase)
Enter Shikari once (not embarrassed, amazing band, best gig ever)
Spunge once (not embarrassed, was going through a ska punk phase)
Coldplay once and never again! (embarrassed to admit, don’t even like Coldplay, went to support a friend)
I also went to a charity gig years ago when I was a kid, I think the bands that played were Catatonia, Toploader, Wheatus and some others but can’t really remember them.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Have just booked tickets to see Placebo, they've been on my list for years but never quite managed to see them live and The Mission (slightly embarrassed, attempting to recapture my youth lol). Also booked The Cure (again), and The Woodentops. Hoping to wangle a free ticket to Reading Festival in August as a friends band is playing there this year.

These are what I can remember... Huey Lewis & the News (with my older sister and her boyfriend when I was 15 or 16). I went to Disney World Grad Night with my best friend and saw Samantha Fox and my favorite, Information Society. There were more bands there but those are the two I remember. I went to see Creed in Orlando, FL. with my oldest sister, for my birthday... I think I was 32. Then I discovered Trance and Electronic Dance Music and went to see ATB (Andre Tanneburger) a few times, which was really awesome because he was my favorite for a while. I've seen a few others too, Mat Zo, Above and Beyond and Kaskade (I think). I felt pretty lucky to have been able to live close to a place where some of them would come, because they usually just go to very large cities. I normally wouldn't have gone to see anyone because I hate crowds and noise, but I was really into that music then and I was determined to go. I also was going through some things at the time and I think it was a way of escape from my crappy life, something to plan on and look forward to. It's hard to believe that person who existed then and the me now are the same person.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
First concert after the pandemic for me was KISS on Monday. It was amazing!! *stars Probably the band with the most fireworks and explosions I’ve seen (which I happen to love!).

1654711783083.jpeg

Anyone else has seen any bands recently? :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00